What you will do:
The Scrum Master is an essential member of the global design team within the Chiller Solutions business unit at Johnson Controls.
The Scrum Master is responsible for leading the implementation of the Agile practices across all the global design activities required to develop new products as well as to sustain existing ones. Such activities include the creation, maintenance, and release of all necessary design documentation: 3D parametric models and 2D drawings/schematics, bill of materials (BOM), Engineering order manuals (EOM), order configurators, ERP systems content updates, etc.
As the Global Chiller design team continues with its Agile transformation journey, the Scrum master will play a key role in continuously helping the team achieve higher level of Agile maturity.
Beyond the immediate design team, the scrum master will also interact with a large variety of business stakeholders (Product and Program managers, lead product engineers/directors, VAVE specialists, manufacturing engineers, etc.) and coach them with their understanding and adoption of Agile.How you will do it:
What we look for:
- Act as a servant leader and guide multiple design teams in using Agile methodology and practices
- Build a safe environment that fosters trust and collaboration between teams and team members. Facilitate ceremonies and events, ensuring positive and productive outcomes with contributions from all stakeholders
- Coach design teams to become self-managed and predictable
- Help establish appropriate training and certification for all relevant Agile team members.
- Manage and communicate on the cadence of Program Increments and Sprints across the entire Chiller organization
- Schedule and coordinate the Program Increment planning week events leading to the creation and commitment of the Program Increment Plan.
- When required, assist with the backlog grooming & refinement, prioritization definition and effort estimation activities
- Manage sprint kickoff and tracking of progress throughout each sprint cycle. Provide guidance to designers around expectations of each sprint. Host daily meetings with the design teams to identify roadblocks and remove impediments.
- At the end of each Program Increment, host a PI retrospective to capture and act upon team feedback on the conduct of the PI.
- Continuously make recommendations on how to improve the Agile way-of-working within the teams and the usage of associated management tools
- Adopt a hand-on, proactive attitude to problem solving.
- Act as a change agent. Be enthusiastic about embracing change and helping the broader organization become more efficient.
- Master's degree in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering and at least five (5) years of related experience
- Certification as CSM or equivalent is required; preferably PSM II/ A-CSM / SAFe SM
- At least 4 years of experience as a Scrum master in a multi-disciplinary, multi-lingual, and multi-cultural environment for a large and complex mechanical/electrical product development team is required.
- Experience with the use of 3D modelling tools (Creo, Solidworks, Inventor), 2D drawing packages (AutoCad) and ERP systems (SAP) is a big plus.
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills. Ability to establish credibility, build consensus, create partnerships, and achieve goals without direct authority.
- Proven track record of using facilitation and conflict resolution skills to effectively overcome organizational and/or group dynamics challenges
- Passion about self-development and developing/coaching others.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit