Pearson VUE is disrupting the way individuals get their certification or licensing, by providing the next generation of testing and assessment solutions where we are focused on creating a frictionless and seamless testing experience.
The Product Design Researcher will develop a user research agenda for our suite of customer-facing applications. You will work in collaboration with functional teams (UX & Visual Designers, Product Managers, Engineering, Operating and Marketing teams) through the planning and development life cycle. You will lead the development and execution of user research studies using appropriate quantitative and qualitative methods to produce tactical, strategic, actionable and durable insights that inform design and development. Your key to success will be influencing decision-making through effective presentation of findings, including the creation of customer-centered narratives to frame problems and highlight the business value of potential solutions.General Responsibilities
As a direct report to the VP, Customer Experience, you will have the following accountabilities:
Qualifications & Experience
- Understand user research methods, when to use them and how to apply them correctly. This may include, but not be limited to usability testing, user interviews, surveys, and competitor analysis.
- Provide strategic insights that inform design and development.
- Lead product research and analysis, know and understand our personas - Test-takers, VUE Clients, Customer Support Teams and Test Center Providers.
- Be a strategic business partner to key executives, helping shape their long-term vision.
- Synthesize research to identify jobs to be done, product use cases, and user types.
- Deliver compelling insights presentations that frame complex problems and identify the business value of acting on research recommendations.
- Partner fully with product owners, designers, and engineers to scope, plan and execute qualitative research to understand the needs and trends of our end-users.
- Support in the definition of complex key user requirements to build usability into products and services.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in UX and research.
- Education typically acquired via Bachelor's degree or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Experience conducting both B2B and B2C user research.
- Proven track record influencing product direction and strategy with actionable insights.
- Ability to work confidently and creatively on ambiguous problems.
- Experience working in cross-functional teams (e.g. design, product management, engineering).
- Solid understanding of best practices for conducting research (qualitative and quantitative) in user experience, product design, or technology contexts.
- Exemplary verbal, presentation, and written communication skills, plus strong remote and in-person facilitation skills.
- Ability to plan, design, execute and communicate both strategic and tactical research engagements.
- Excellent project management, communication, and presentation skills.
- Experience with working with Product Managers and UX Managers to define high-level use cases, prototyping, and other activities to capture and develop user requirements.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Pearson is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer and a member of E-Verify. All qualified applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.
Learning is the most powerful force for change in the world. More than 20,000 Pearson employees deliver our products and services in nearly 200 countries, all working towards a common purpose - to help everyone achieve their potential through learning. We do that by providing high quality, digital content and learning experiences, as well as assessments and qualifications that help people build their skills and grow with the world around them. We are the world's leading learning company. Learn more at pearsonplc.com.
Pearson believes that wherever learning flourishes, so do people. We are committed to being an anti-racistcompany in everything we do. We value the power of an inclusive culture and a strong sense of belonging. We promote a culture where differences are embraced, opportunities are accessible, consideration and respect are the norm, and all individuals are supported in reaching their full potential. Through our talent, we believe that diversity, equity, and inclusion make us a more innovative and vibrant place to work. People are at the center, and we are committed to a sustainable environment and workplace where talent can learn, grow, and thrive.
To learn more about Pearson's commitment to a diverse and inclusive workforce, please click here:
Pearson is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and a member of E-Verify. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. All employment is decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need.All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other group protected by law.Job: