At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones is looking for an individual to help lead innovation in Branch Business Segments responsible for supporting and enhancing wealth management systems. This person will have the dual responsibilities of product delivery management over a durable product delivery team focused on branch associate wealth management systems and people leadership for the software development associates within the team.
What you'll do
As a Product Delivery Management, you will lead change to implement, configure, enhance and support Branch wealth management tools and modules using the leading-edge technologies on Cloud platforms. In this role, you will work closely with members of the team, leaders and product owners including continual strategy setting and evaluation of delivery team structure in alignment with firm needs and direction.
Essential Responsibilities and Tasks:
* Demonstrated ability to build strong partnerships and relationships with Products, QA, UX, PMO and Enterprise Architecture
* Removing obstacles and coordinating resources to continually increase team throughput, predictability, and quality
* Reducing cycle times and improving usability scores by driving improvement of all things related to the SDLC for teams in their remit
* Working with Tech shared services teams to remove impediments and obstacles for improvement of product delivery and cycle time
* Setting of product team success measures to deliver the right value to our clients
* Contribution and maintenance of a product technology roadmap and backlog and the application of architectural standards in the team's deliverables
* Develop and execute on-going improvements for processes related to the team (e.g. incident management escalations)
* Deep understanding of the product team's systems, processes, priorities, and technologies while representing these aspects to all levels of IS leadership
* Guide teams to do their work in a way that minimizes key-person dependencies and knowledge silos
* Representation to ensure firm and division processes are followed and risk is reduced by the product team (e.g. compliance change management, information security, etc.)
* Ability to hold teams accountable for setting and achieving Service Level Objectives
In the people leadership portion of this role, this leader will be responsible for:
* Coaching and mentoring of each team member through observation and timely feedback
* Identification of key team positions and develop ready-now successors
* Develop and execute on-going improvements for processes related to the team (e.g. resource management and support processes).
* Establish and maintain effective communications and relationships across teams, departments, vendors, and other divisions
* Must be able to establish and maintain effective relationships with vendors while aligning to the firm's objectives
What you'll do...
* Bachelor's degree in IT, Computer Science, Information systems, financial engineering or related work experience preferred
* Minimum of 5 years of experience directly related to Information Systems technology with at least 1 year in a leadership role (mentoring associates, lead analyst, project leaders, etc.).
* Prior experience of leading implementations in Capital Markets / Wealth Management / Asset Management preferred. Execution experience as part of an ongoing transformation initiative preferred
* Knowledge of industry leading WM discovery and planning platforms such as MoneyGuidePro and EMoney a huge plus
* Understanding of Product Teams and Agile methodology and practices
* Ability to provide technical leadership and oversight to the development team: participate in design discussions, drive technical decisions within and across the organization
* Good communication and presentation skills to be able to interact with business stakeholders
* FORTUNE 2020 - Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
* From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
* Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
* 2020 Corporate Equality Index - Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
* Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list - the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
* Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
* The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified™ organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firm's 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $105753 - $180067