Product and Packaging Designer
We are seeking a Product/Packaging Designer with a passion for designing products that entice and engage the customer. The ideal candidate will be skilled within each stage of the design process, including everything from market research, to seeing a product through production to the market. This is not an entry-level position.
You will work with other designers and cross-functional team members and will rely heavily on both qualitative and quantitative data, as well as your own market research and trend analysis to make informed design decisions.
Some of the customers we work with are Walmart, Homegoods, TJ Maxx, Marshalls, Ross, Burlington, Big Lots, Wayfair, Amazon, and more!
**Not a remote position**. This position is based in Denver, CO we do not provide relocation assistance.
By partnering with cross-functional teams and customers, you will turn your insights into delightful products in a creative environment that requires proven leadership skills and the ability to execute a creative vision.
More responsibilities in detail:
- Create, modify, and revise existing product and packaging designs to meet changing customer preferences.
- Set design requirements based on information from internal teams and user research.
- Understand product development life cycles and time layouts for every day/ seasonal product lines.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Analyze how a new product satisfies market needs and consumer preferences.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Coordinate with other design team members to ensure consistent and accurate communication.
- Work closely with ceramic factories to ensure proper sampling and production.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- We need a "Get SH*T done" attitude.
- Fluent in Adobe Illustrator & Adobe Photoshop, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- Proven experience in all phases of the design process including but not limited to user research, concept generation, graphic design, packaging design, design for production
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious
- Excellent attention to detail and self-starter attitude
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members. Inclusive of vendors, agents, and factories.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal.
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve
- Flexible and creative problem-solving skills
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences
- Product and packaging design background is a must. Knowledge of retail math, as well as cost variables that affect product design/production cost.
- Embrace change and react with speed and agility.
- Overall understanding of the housewares products.
- Visual merchandising experience is a plus.
- Excellent influencing and negotiation skills are a plus.
- Work is performed while standing, sitting, and/or walking.
- Overseas/domestic travel is required.
- Requires the ability to communicate effectively using speech, vision, and hearing.
- Requires the use of hands for simple grasping and fine manipulations.
10 Strawberry Street provided the following inclusive hiring information:
We are an equal opportunity employer and considers all qualified applicants equally without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability status.