FundamentalVR is a technology and data insight business specialising in the intersection between immersive experiences and haptic technology with the aim to bring medical devices and surgical procedures to market using virtual reality.
FundamentalVR’s simulations are underpinned with patented HapticVRTM interactions that enable life science businesses to drive consistency and compliance for their medical devices and procedures through the Fundamental Surgery platform. The platform enables full knowledge and skills transfer providing deep data insight and accelerating safe, compliant adoption. The unlimited multi-user capabilities and mixed modalities of the platform all work together for each business use case, reducing time and cost whilst increasing capability and confidence.
We are proud of our successes to date, winning several awards over the years such as Time magazine’s ‘Best Invention of the Year’, the ‘Most Impactful Breakthrough’ Auggie Award, ‘VR, AR & MR’ at SXSW and the ‘Healthcare Technology of the Year’ VR Award for two years running.
About The Role
We are looking for an intelligent, creative and diligent individual who is passionate about Production and Project Management. You have a well-rounded education that can be applied to multiple areas of product development. You will report to the Lead Producer and be required to help identify interdependencies of development tasks and effectively coordinate the use of staff to ensure efficient development of our products. You will assist in making decisions on budget and schedule based on analyses, indicating what is or is not practical or possible in product development. You will act as a motivator and mediator across all segments of the studio; you will strive to cultivate an environment of cooperation among employees and facilitate conversations addressing development issues or ideas for innovation. You will enjoy the support of your colleagues and our open culture, where what we learn from our failures is as important as our successes.
What You Will Do
- Create and maintain team and project reports
- Daily monitoring, tracking and updating of tasks via JIRA and other Project Management tools
- Develop and execute on the planning for your project(s) using a Prince2 framework
- Responsible for the scope, budget and delivery of your projects, reporting on all facets, on a weekly and monthly basis
- Own the risk and decision log for your projects and provide mitigations
- Follow predefined production process, contribute to the development of workflows and pipelines which improve production at FundamentalVR
- Work closely with your project teams to create a positive atmosphere of efficiency, professionalism and success
- Engage in collective responsibility for maintaining a high-quality product
- Be the central point of contact and source of information for all production and project management aspects of your projects and team
- Mentor other producers in the team, ensuring continuity across process implementation
What You Will Get
- A competitive salary
- Private Healthcare
- Death in service insurance
- Enhanced Maternity, Adoption and Paternity Leave
- Perks: Access to hundreds of vouchers and discounts
- 22 days of holidays per year + bank holidays + 3 days between Christmas and a new year + one extra day per year, up to a maximum of 28 days.
- Opportunity to participate in and become a key player in a fast-paced startup environment with lots of exciting growth opportunities
- Opportunity to work with VR plus haptics, the next frontier of simulation and virtual reality
Fundamental VR operates a hybrid working model - with a need to come into the office circa 4 days a month
Diversity Is Our Strength
Fundamental VR is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate and promote regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability or age.
At Fundamental VR, we have a clear vision: to be the place where a diverse mix of talented people want to come, stay and do their best work. We pride ourselves on bringing the best medical training experiences to our clients around the world, and we know our company runs on the hard work and dedication of our passionate and creative employees.
You must be a UK or EU national or have a valid visa, unfortunately we’re not able to offer visa sponsorship at this time.Requirements
What We Are Looking For
- 3-5 years Production or Project Management
- Experience with excel for reporting (importing from software and other reporting tools)
- You have a proven track record project managing a small to medium sized team within a game or software development environment
- Experience in running multi-disciplined software development projects
- You are experienced with QA process for interactive software
- Interest in and some knowledge of VR, MR and AR technologies is essential, first hand VR development experience is preferred
- An interest in science, medicine and cutting edge technologies
- Degree in Business Management, Communications or equivalent experience
- Unity (or other 3D game engine) knowledge and/or experience a plus
- Experience with Prince2 methodology is a nice to have
- Scrum Master Certification a plus
Who You Are
- You understand what it means to work in a start-up, this excites and motivates you (there will be fun – we promise!)
- You like to do everything to a high standard and know how to prioritise
- You are highly collaborative and an excellent communicator, confident with running meetings and directing discussions
- You are accountable and able to own mistakes and missed opportunities
- You are calm in all situations and know the value of patience and politeness
- You possess exceptional communication skills; explain clearly both in writing and verbally
- You are meticulously organised: plan, set goals and prioritise for you project
- You have strong understanding of agile and waterfall development process and SCRUM, with the ability to write user stories and run sprint planning, review and retrospective meetings