Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
OVERVIEW The Private Investment Services Analyst will be responsible for the management, execution, and support of all operational related activities within the private deal settlement process, and lifecycle events (IPO, restriction tracking, corporate actions, re-registrations, & liquidity events). They will play an integral role in the coordination amongst functional groups when material events occur and work closely with management & IT teams to develop and integrate private's data & workflows into a new Privates Technology Platform. Additionally, the Analyst will assist in the enhancement of existing processes and controls. RESPONSIBILITIES Primary responsibilities:
• Manage, coordinate, and execute all components of the private deal lifecycle, with a primary focus on the post execution settlement process, lifecycle events, IPO and liquidity exits, corporate actions, and deal level data management.
• Develop, adapt, and evolve processes, controls, workflows, and systems to support new private funds and new asset classes.
• Play an active and critical role in the development and ongoing enhancement of WMC's Privates Platform Technology (Dynamo)
• Track deal covenants, restrictions, and position changes for new and existing deals, especially during security creation and lifecycle events.
• Ensure stakeholders receive consistent, timely and accurate communication for operational events associated with private placements.
• Train new or less experienced members of the team on operational concepts and processes
• Support data needs for all functional teams involved in the private process, in particular, for Investors and internal/LP reporting
• Coordinate activities when an impactful event has been identified such as IPOs, cleaning of restricted shares, SEC registration, corporate actions, and distributions. qualifications
The successful candidate for this position is likely to:
• 4-7 years of relevant experience covering private asset class and fund structure concepts, with a focus on operational functions such as restricted sales, settlements, restriction tracking, IPO's, corporate actions, and other lifecycle events
• Have a strong understanding of private investment concepts across a range of asset classes, including equity, credit, PIPE's, SPAC's, and ESG, as well as both US and international experience
• Have strong technical skills such as SQL, PowerBI, Tableau, and Excel macros
• Experience with Private Technology Platforms (Dynamo, eFront, Mercatus) a plus
• Act independently, proactive, and ability to drive results
• Strong attention to detail and ability to multi-task in a deadline driven environment
• Intellectually curious with strong problem-solving skills
• Outstanding organizational and communications skills SKILLS JOB TITLE
Private Investment Service Analyst LOCATION
100 Federal Street
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at [email protected]