We're forward-thinking technology people with heart. We make our own rules, drive our own opportunities, and try to approach every challenge with fresh eyes. Of course, we can't do it alone. We know when to ask for help, collaborate with others, and partner with smart people. We embrace diversity and openness because it's in our DNA. We push limits and reward great ideas. What is your great idea?
"At NetApp, we fully embrace and advance a diverse, inclusive global workforce with a culture of belonging that leverages the backgrounds and perspectives of all employees, customers, partners, and communities to foster a higher performing organization." -George Kurian, CEO
Spot is a fast-paced startup that operates within NetApp and enjoys all perks & benefits of a large-scale organization while maintaining the startup culture, mentality, and pace. By continuously optimizing cloud infrastructure to always be highly available and for the lowest possible cost, we revolutionize the way businesses manage their cloud. With the recent acquisition of CloudCheckr, Spot by Netapp's footprint now extends into pure-play cloud management by adding cloud billing analytics and cost management capability. This is an incredible chance to get in on the ground floor of an exciting high growth business unit, which combines the best of a startup environment with the resources of a public company.
The role of a Principal UI/UX Designer at CloudCheckr is responsible for designing and refining UI and interaction design for our main SaaS application that lies at the heart of the company's product line. The role will help set the standard for great visual & interaction design. You will capture this work by helping to produce a style guide that our development teams can reference to create a unified experience across CloudCheckr products. You will partner with developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product, providing expertise and mentorship.
* Create and approve final UI design and interaction for business software
* Develop a unified style guide
* Design and approve templates for critical CloudCheckr reports and tools
* Prototype and share your ideas, designs and interaction experiences by creating working prototypes using current prototyping software
* Successfully perform a task analysis by studying user testing to understand how someone does a specific task
* Develop personas and profile particular users based on characteristics
* Interview target audience and record their responses to be archived and be used later in the process
* Partner with developers to maintain a cohesive design and experience throughout our product, providing expertise and mentorship
* Help define the product design vision by interacting with Sr. Product Management alongside corporate vision, target market and customer personas
* Drive innovation, service our employees, & treat everyone fairly & respectfully
* Enable & embrace change
* 6+ years of experience in visual design
* 5+ years of experience designing UX for software solutions
* Human-computer interaction experience strongly preferred
* Have contributed as a leader in design and a strong collaborator across product managers and engineers
* Proven ability to manage multiple design requests in a timely fashion, with competing priorities and deadlines
* Ability to create clean, visually consistent designs
* Knowledge and keen awareness of UX best practices for web applications
* You'll need to be highly proficient with core design & prototyping software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch, Invision, etc.
* Front end development experience not necessary, but helpful
Did you know…
Statistics show women apply to jobs only when they're 100% qualified. But no one is 100% qualified. We encourage you to shift the trend and apply anyway! We look forward to hearing from you.
In a world full of generalists, NetApp is a specialist. No one knows how to elevate the world's biggest clouds like NetApp. We are data-driven and empowered to innovate. Trust, integrity, and teamwork all combine to make a difference for our customers, partners, and communities.
We expect a healthy work-life balance. Our volunteer time off program is best in class, offering employees 40 hours of paid time off per year to volunteer with their favorite organizations. We provide comprehensive medical, dental, wellness, and vision plans for you and your family. We offer educational assistance, legal services, and access to discounts. We also offer financial savings programs to help you plan for your future.
If you run toward knowledge and problem-solving, join us.
If the Company determines this role will be performed in Colorado, the starting salary for this position is 120,150 USD. This role could be eligible for comprehensive benefits including: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, 401(K), Paid Time off (PTO), Company bonus, and Employee stock purchase plan *. Final compensation will be dependent on various factors such as location, qualifications, certifications, relevant work experience and other factors, consistent with applicable law.
In accordance with NetApp's Policy, all U.S. employees of NetApp must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 if they work at a Company location or remotely. If there is a reason preventing you from receiving the COVID-19 vaccination, you must request and be approved for one of the legally acceptable exemptions and reasonable accommodation must be established.