FanDuel Group is a world-class team of brands and products all built with one goal in mind - to give fans new and innovative ways to interact with their favorite games, sports, teams, and leagues. That's no easy task, which is why we're so dedicated to building a winning team. And make no mistake, we are here to win, but we believe in winning right. That means we'll never compromise when it comes to looking out for our teammates. From our many opportunities for professional development to our generous insurance and paid leave policies, we're committed to making sure our employees get as much out of FanDuel as we ask them to give.
Our brands include:
- FanDuel - A game-changing real-money fantasy sports app
- FanDuel Sportsbook - America's sports betting app
- FanDuel TV - "The Bettor Sports Network" bringing live sports and interactive content to the games fans care about most
- FanDuel Racing - A horse racing app built for the average sports fan
- FanDuel Casino & Betfair Casino - Fan-favorite online casino apps
- FOXBet - A world-class betting platform and affiliate of FanDuel Group
- PokerStars - The premier online poker product and affiliate of FanDuel Group
Our roster has an opening with your name on it
Our Principal Engineers are part of a community of our most senior engineers focusing on the organization's most complex, ambitious problems. You will take ownership for technical architecture and operational excellence and lead on some of the most important bodies of technical work in the organization. You will be a core contributor to the organization's "north star" technical strategy, working with other engineering leaders to drive decisions around programming languages, architecture, products, tools, approaches, and processes. Free of line management responsibilities you will provide mentorship and guidance to other engineers, acting as a role model and supporting career progression.
As a Principal Software Engineer within the Sportsbook Online group, you'll be working closely with our multidisciplinary Engineering teams day-to-day to support and mentor them as they tackle tough technical challenges as we provide an exciting and innovative customer experience within the fast paced and growing sports betting environment.
You will primarily be working with teams on both our Frontend Applications, as well as BFF (Backend for Frontend) services, focused on our Sportsbook application, leveraging React, React Native and NodeJS.
You'll help find opportunities focused on providing the best customer experience while balancing design, implementation, and delivery of capabilities that work at Scale. You'll help own the Sportsbook Online architecture, helping define solutions to problems while mitigating long-term risks as the business and customer based continues to grow.
The Game Plan:
Everyone on our team has a part to play
Reporting into the Director of Engineering within the Sportsbook Online group, you will oversee Frontend architectural direction, systems design, software implementation, and software quality for the Sportsbook Online platform. More importantly, you will be part of the core team directly accountable for the technology platform developed by our Engineering teams, acting as a thought leader and mentor for those teams.
Other responsibilities include:
- Become a leader on Sportsbook operational excellence, taking a hands-on approach to the resolution of the vertical's most complex issues when needed.
- Write simple code, taking complex paradigms and implementing them in a way that Engineers at all levels can understand and contribute to. Insist on high standards for code quality while not letting perfection be the enemy of good.
- Influence the strategy of our engineering teams, helping them understand how to make technical trade-off decisions between short-term business needs and long-term technology needs.
- Drive engineering engagement best practices (e.g., Operational Excellence, Security, Quality, etc.) and set standards for the Sportsbook Online group.
- Help others leverage your expertise, by coaching and mentoring within the organization. Contribute to the professional development of Engineers within the Sportsbook Online group, improving their technical knowledge and engineering practices.
- Support our software as part of an on-call rotation
What we're looking for in our next teammate
- Expert level experience building and designing highly scalable, fault tolerant and highly available systems.
- Experience influencing technical decisions across 50+ person Engineering verticals.
- Understand a broad range of complex data structures and complex algorithms.
- Expert level understanding of design patterns and architectural principles.
- Experienced in making pragmatic trade-off decisions between short term needs and long-term needs.
- Experience in Native Development (Swift / Kotlin) highly desirable
- Experienced in Cloud Architectures and Cloud Services development such as GCP or AWS
- Demonstrated abilities driving operational excellence and best practices through influence.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication and presentation skills; this role has considerable exposure to senior leaders, with a need to communicate complex technical activities in a simple manner to varying stakeholders.
- Your leadership skills ensure that you are seen as a role model and able to influence teams with your technical knowledge and experience of delivery and Agile ways of working, particularly scaled agile methodologies.
- Approachability, open-mindedness, and an ability to work well with people at all levels of the business is at the heart of how we work.
- Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrable knowledge.
We treat our team right
Competitive compensation is just the beginning. As part of our team, you can expect:
- An exciting and fun environment committed to driving real growth
- Opportunities to build really cool products that fans love
- Mentorship and professional development resources to help you refine your game
- Flexible vacation allowance to let you refuel
- Hall of Fame benefit programs and platforms
- LTI (Long-Term Incentive Plan)
- Annual Bonus
- Health and Dental
- Free Snacks
- Discussion with FanDuel Talent Partner
- Hiring manager interview
- Technical test interview
- Cultural fit interview
- Exec interview
Node.js, React Native, ReactNode.js, React, React Native