Title: Principal Product Manager
Location: United States
Join our global team of 500+ craftspeople! We are a consultancy that solves business problems by designing and building highly complex custom software for the world’s leading companies. We are on a mission to dismantle the traditional consulting ecosystem and replace it with an effective framework for innovation that transforms the way businesses think about and solve problems from the inside out.
TheoremOne is the winner of Comparably’s Best Work-Life Balance: Top-Rated 100 Small/Mid-Sized Companies
- Are you excited by the opportunity to influence the software strategy at a Fortune 500 company?
- Are you passionate about making user-hostile systems into something friendly, helpful and elegant?
- Are you capable of conversing with powerful executives, using your experience and knowledge to persuade them to drive meaningful change?
- Do you enjoy the challenge of thinking about complex problems from first principles?
- Do you recognize the challenge of driving change at scale – and relish it?
If the answer to these questions is yes, this role is for you.
We re looking for a highly experienced Principal Product Manager to join the fast growing team at TheoremOne. In this role, you will be the defacto SME and leader on all things Product in partnership with our internal product team and our enterprise clients to build complex custom software applications. Our clients will look to you not simply to help define their goals and approach but to understand why those decisions matter.
TheoremOne is a remote-first technology consulting company, globally distributed by design. We’re on a mission to revolutionize how the enterprise builds software. We’re looking for gritty, idealistic, skillful builders to help make this vision real.
What You’ll Do – Product Ownership
- Manage and define custom software solutions to clients, considerate of time and budgetary concerns
- Consult with internal and external stakeholders by guiding clients and project teams through the right steps to get a world-class product.
- Guide product strategy by collecting research, running project kickoffs, and defining business goals.
- Help program leadership develop a roadmap for successful delivery.
- Help our design teams understand the nature of the product, why it matters and what problems it solves so that their work is powerful and relevant.
- Help the product managers on build teams create and maintain product backlogs – you were great at this earlier in your career.
- Help the product managers on build teams communicate with engineering by breaking down user requirements into epics and stories for development. You help them understand not just the how but also the why.
- Own the definition of quality and excellence for your product. Always be managing expectations up!
- Contribute to TheoremOne’s Product Management practice and culture, both in how we work and learning from one another.
What You’ll Do – Consulting
- Build almost immediate trust and strong relationships with our clients.
- Partner with our clients to understand their needs and uncover the true scope of work.
- Make recommendations for improvements and present to clients.
- Foster alignment on our mission amongst all client stakeholders.
- Identify and communicate risks with internal leadership.
- Continuously educate clients on how we work and why it works.
- Anticipate questions and objections and get ahead of them.
- Drive rigorous ROI analysis to our client to ensure they are building the right product, while balancing both the user and business needs.
Who You are:
- Someone who is able to successfully influence C-suite executives with your expertise and trustworthiness.
- Able to work from first principles in terms of designing products and explaining the whys of our business and how we do what we do to a non-technical audience.
- Comfortable working from first principles to solve difficult or long running problems at an enterprise scale.
- To you, organization is second nature. When you were running a build squad they ran like clockwork because of you.
- Self-aware and have a capacity for growth; both for your own sake and also to set a good example for the team.
- A change agent. When you see something that could be better, you change your environment to make it possible.
- Great at earning trust with your colleagues. You help them solve problems, show them how to work better, make it possible for them to succeed.
- A superb mentor.
- Naturally adept in driving sales conversations (but you’re not a salesperson by trade).
- Able to contribute to strategic directions both internally and externally.
- Entrepreneurial and Intrapreneurial.
- You are willing to use Microsoft Teams if absolutely necessary (but you don’t have to like it).
- 8+ years of professional Product experience at minimum
- You have lived the end to end software product lifecycle again and again
- Can quickly ramp up on new business domain
- Ability to establish and maintain a high level of credibility with internal and external partners
- Experience using agile development methodologies with globally-distributed teams
- Ability to pitch and articulate value to different audiences
- Previous consulting experience
- Experience using Figma, Sketch or other modern collaborative design tools
- Strong understanding of web technologies, technical concepts, and APIs is a plus
This is a remote position that can be done from anywhere. When the environment permits, you may be expected to travel occasionally.
The stated salary range of 170,000 – 240,000 USD is applicable for eligible candidates that are located in the United States and hired on as an employee.
Unsure if your skills meet all of our requirements?
Apply anyway! We would love to meet you and find out more about how your skills could add value. At TheoremOne, we value open communication and feedback. We believe that diversity of identity, perspective, and experience makes us stronger; we would love to hear your perspective too!
TheoremOne records interviews so that we can focus on delivering a great interview experience. If you are uncomfortable with being recorded, please let our recruiters know when they reach out to you.
Founded in 2007, TheoremOne LLC is a remote-first technology consulting company, globally distributed by design. Our services range from:
- New product development
- Pure R & D
- Legacy modernization
- Revenue generation
- Process optimization
- Organizational transformation
If it s cool and engaging in technology, we are likely working on it.
Customers come to us because they need to change to succeed and are looking for a solution that isn’t just about technology but also people, process, and leadership. We consult, form a diverse team of experts, and deliver strategy and execution under one roof. Consultants come to us for the autonomy, depth of project, and challenge of working with a wide range of clients across multiple platforms and industries.
Our contributors are master puzzle solvers in a vast range of technologies.
Benefits and Perks
- 100% REMOTE – We’re fully distributed
- EDUCATION AND CAREER GROWTH – We encourage our team to undertake any professional growth opportunities available, and we offer programs and financial assistance to achieve this!
- HEALTHY BODY, HEALTHY MIND – HAPPY TEAM – We offer paid vacation and support healthy lifestyles through our physical fitness benefits program.
- COMPANYWIDE VISIBILITY – We operate in a fully transparent environment to ensure we as a company and team have full understanding of where we came from, and where we are going.
- HEALTHCARE & FINANCE – For US, UK, Canada, and Spain based full time employees; we have comprehensive benefits.
TheoremOne expects all team members to be honest, trustworthy, and operate with integrity. Discrimination and all unlawful harassment (including sexual harassment) in employment is not tolerated. We encourage success based on our individual merits and abilities, and all decisions regarding recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, employee development decisions such as training, and all other terms and conditions of employment, are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, genetics, nationality, national origin, citizenship status, employment status, ethnicity, ethnic origin, color, creed, religion, belief, age, family or parental status, pregnancy, marital status, sex, gender, sex or gender assigned at birth, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, sexual preference, romantic orientation, romantic preference, pairing orientation, pairing preference, language, lifestyle, social class, socio-economic status, political affiliation, military or veteran status, physical and mental ability, disability, hairstyle, physical features, medical condition, or any other other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. We oppose all forms of unlawful or unfair discrimination. TheoremOne encourages applicants of all ages. We’ve created a competitive rewards model for our team members around the world. TheoremOne’s benefit and compensation offerings vary depending on geographic location, are subject to eligibility requirements, and may be modified from time to time. TheoremOne is an equal opportunity employer.