Cloudbeds is a travel SaaS technology company that works to make the world a more welcoming place. We build advanced cloud-based hospitality software for hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and groups that manages reservations and guests, distributes room availability, sells inventory, and collects payments. Our hundreds of team members are globally distributed across over 40 countries and, altogether, we speak 20+ languages. How do we do it? On a #remotefirst platform that allows every member of our team to work from wherever they are around the globe. We're looking for people who want to disrupt the travel industry and love to travel as much as we do.
As a Principal Software Platform Engineer at Cloudbeds, you will be focusing on building libraries, platform and domain services, best practices, tools, and back-end systems that will be used by other engineers working on product features. If you're looking for an environment where you can continue to develop your craft, explore new technologies, and have a larger contribution, we'd love to chat with you!Location:
US/Canada (Remote)What You'll Do
Who You Are
- Design, develop, test, and deploy production services and systems that serve thousands of users 24*7
- Work closely with Architecture, DevOps, Security and Compliance teams to achieve the company's short- and long-term goals
- Facilitate collaboration with other platform engineers, product engineers, and cross functional teams to solve interesting and challenging problems delivering customer value
- Ensure our systems are future proof and ready to support our growing scale
- Be a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile environment
- Be a good team player, coder at heart, and problem solver in attitude
- Be a leader of the Cloudbeds-wide backend developer community affecting and driving our architecture and the craft across the company
- Overall 7+ years of progressive industry experience in building enterprise class SaaS platforms and applications
- Minimum 3+ years of hands-on experience in designing, building, testing, debugging and maintaining large-scale, high-throughput domain and event driven microservices based systems
- Strong conceptual and hands-on practical understanding of distributed computing, streaming systems, relational databases, and NoSQL database systems
- Hands-on experience in enterprise backend stack such as Java, SpringBoot/Micronaut, Hibernate, Kafka, Spark Streaming, Redis, Elasticsearch, and Postgres
- Hands-on experience building services that involve multi-model services and multi-protocol integration making use of REST, gRPC, Avro/Protobuf, Parquet/Arrow
- Experience with authentication, authorization, tenancy management, configuration management, vault management, tokenization, payments, etc.
- Experience using tools: Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible, or Terraform
- Experience in designing cloud-native platform solutions on AWS
- Experience with observability and chaos principles, debugging, and problem solving, leveraging New Relic, Datadog, Sentry, Jaeger, Grafana etc.
- You are comfortable with large scale production systems encompassing APIs, gateways, orchestrators, databases, load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, configuration management, and security
- You have familiarity with and enthusiasm for software engineering best practices, including but not limited to testing, continuous integration, and continuous delivery
- You have the ability to thrive in a rapidly evolving, globally distributed, and remote-first environment
Our company culture supports flexible working schedules with an open vacation policy, personal and professional development for individual growth, and the opportunity to travel and work remotely with great people. If you think you have the skills and passion, we'll give you the support and opportunity to grow your career. If you would like to be considered for the role, we would love to hear from you!
Company Awards to Check Out!
- Inc. Best Places to Work (2017 & 2018)
- Inc. 500 Fastest Growing Companies (2018 & 2019)
- Connect MIP Award (Technology)
- Best Places to Work | Inc Magazine (2017 & 2018)
- Best Places to Work | HotelTechReport (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021)
- Start-Ups to Watch in 2018 | Forbes
- Best Startup Employers in 2020 | Forbes
Powered by JazzHR