At Beyond, we partner with people who want to design a better future.
We are a design and technology company.
We design and build products, platforms, and programs for the world's most ambitious brands; including Google, Snapchat, Facebook, Netflix, and Diageo.
We are a diverse group of designers, strategists, engineers, and wordsmiths who make things that people love to use.
- With a focus on creating new tech and delivering impactful experiences, we are dedicated to the seamless art of software design and delivery and are looking for an experienced Principal Frontend Engineer to join our dynamic, diverse, and globally distributed engineering team. As Frontend is very important within the development lifecycle, you will take an active part in the delivery of transformative products for our clients.
As a Principal Frontend Engineer at Beyond, you’ll:
- Actively contribute to the strategy and growth of Beyond's highly diverse and skilled engineering team
- Co-create and collaborate with different team members across the project, program, and agency to ensure quality is embedded at both the process and program levels
- Gain knowledge in new business domains by helping build out teams to design, develop, and deliver impactful solutions
- Leverage your soft skills in collaboration, communication, and client relationship management
- Contribute to and help maintain our coding standards and best practices
- Provide mentorship for other members of the engineering team
Things that will make you stand out:
- A deep understanding of UX/UI, cross-browser compatibility, Accessibility, SEO, Performance, mobile-first design, and development standards/best practices.
- Expertise using HTML5, CSS3, CSS pre and post-processors
- Advanced Framework experience (React or Angular)
- At least 8 years experience as a frontend engineer or web technologist
- Passion for developing intuitive user interfaces and implementing pixel-perfect layouts
- Extensive experience with responsive web design
- Experience with building tools
- Object-Oriented, Functional, and Test-Driven Development
- Experience with Node.js, Headless CMS and Static-Site Generators
- Grasp of security principles and how they apply to web applications
- Experience developing products that leverage API integrations
- Ability to jump on projects assess issues and find solutions and improvements.
- Ability to achieve stretch goals in a highly innovative and fast-paced environment
- Experience with mentoring less senior team members
And in return, Beyond offers:
- A team of passionate people who genuinely care about what they do and the standard of work they produce
- We are a remote-first company, however, we have co-working spaces available to work from in both Lisbon and Porto.
- 25 days’ annual leave, Juneteenth, your birthday off, and a paid office closure between Christmas and New Year's.
- Health insurance
- 15 days paid sickness and wellness days
- A generous learning and development budget and an annual leadership development program
- A strong company culture that includes weekly meetings, company updates, team socials, quizzes, and celebrations
- In-house DE&I council and mental health first-aiders
Having been named among Sunday Times Best 100 Companies, we believe culture plays a large role in what we offer as an organization. We actively promote diversity in all its forms across our Studios and we proudly, passionately, and proactively strive to create a culture of inclusivity and openness for all our employees.
Beyond is committed to welcoming everyone, regardless of gender identity, orientation, or expression. Our mission is to remove exclusivity and barriers and encourage new thinking and perceptions, in a space of belonging. It is not about race, gender, or age, it is about people. And without our people being their most creative and innovative selves, we are nothing.