Careers that Change Lives Position can be onsite in Atlanta GA, Minneapolis MN, or remote in the US.
In this exciting position, you will support the FP&A activities for the Americas Super Region. Directly partner and work across the Americas Finance organization to deliver on the goals and objectives of the Americas FP&A organization. This includes assisting with elements of our management reporting process (weekly sales reporting, analyzing actuals, Senior Leadership Team (SLT) reporting, MFR/QFR), working across the region and with Corporate during forecast cycles (P&L and FCF), and active participation during AOP and Strat Plan.
This role will support various ad-hoc financial requests from leadership and will assist as needed with broader Finance objectives across the region (Integrated Business Planning, Service and Repair, Expense Management, etc.).
This role will be the primary subject matter expert maintaining Americas FP&A financial tools/models based in Excel and PowerBI.
This role will report directly to the Sr. Manager - Americas FP&A.
We believe that when people from different cultures, genders, and points of view come together, innovation is the result - and everyone wins. Medtronic walks the walk, creating an inclusive culture where you can thrive. A Day in the Life
Responsibilities may include the following and other duties may be assigned. FP&A Process Leadership:
Analysis of Actuals, Planning, Forecasting, and Reporting:
- Participate in and support reporting for Americas Region weekly revenue calls
- Manage Americas FP&A calendar: scheduling recurring reviews and communicating various process overviews and deliverable dates to the larger Americas Finance team
- Manage data collection including the coordination with the Americas Region-Led Finance teams and Functional Finance teams to collect information.
- Assist in managing financial models for revenue forecasts, consolidation of income statement, balance sheet, complement elements, and submission into the Corporate systems.
Pan-Region Finance Partnership:
- Manage Americas Region period close activities including review of financials and summarizing variance analysis, and impact on future periods
- Assist in creation of AOP/Strat Plan/QBR/QFR/MFR materials, particularly Financial related content
- Own weekly and monthly reporting packages for Americas EVP and SLT
- Support forecasting process and own submissions of certain accounts (A/R, A/P, Restructuring)
- Maintain and enhance Americas FP&A tools and reporting packages (Excel, PowerBI, etc.)
Must Have: Minimum Requirements
- Liaise with FP&A colleagues across Canada, Latin Americas, US Market, and Functional areas on management reporting deliverables and to drive greater scalability, efficiency, and effectiveness of the overall Americas FP&A organization
- Ad-hoc support for other critical finance deliverables such as IBP deployment, Service and Repair transition to the Americas, and special projects
- Work on a broad scope of special projects, ad hoc analysis and other duties as assigned.
Nice to Have
- Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of work experience in Finance and/or Accounting (Or Advanced Degree with 5+ years)
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications - Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with finance applications such as CMR, SPEND, Essbase or Hyperion Financial Management
- MBA or CPA
- Financial modeling, quantitative analysis, and problem-solving skills; experience modeling the P&L, working capital, and cash flow
- Understanding of the P&L, balance sheet, and cash flow statements as well as Generally Accepted Accounting Principals
- Results driven and highly motivated to deliver strong financial results
- Strong written, verbal, and executive communication skills, including the ability to effectively influence people
- In-depth experience using Excel and PowerPoint to communicate strategic and financial plans and analysis
- Hyperion HFM, Essbase, and Planning application experience.
- High degree of expertise regarding Medtronic's CMR system, including experience conducting analysis across the business & entity structure
- Ability to build relationships and effectively influence in a complex matrixed organization (business, geography, corporate)
Together, we can change healthcare worldwide. At Medtronic, we push the limits of what technology, therapies and services can do to help alleviate pain, restore health and extend life. We challenge ourselves and each other to make tomorrow better than yesterday. It is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be.
We want to accelerate and advance our ability to create meaningful innovations - but we will only succeed with the right people on our team. Let's work together to address universal healthcare needs and improve patients' lives. Help us shape the future.
Physical Job Requirements
The physical demands described within the Responsibilities section of this job description are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. For Office Roles: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to be independently mobile. The employee is also required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers and co-workers. Contact your manager or local HR to understand the Work Conditions and Physical requirements that may be specific to each role. (ADA-United States of America)
- Posting Date: Sep 21, 2021
- Travel: No