The Technical Operations function is looking for a leader of Digital Integration and Data Analytics to join the Process and Product Development (P&PD) team in San Francisco. You will report to the Vice President of Bioprocess Development and will collaborate with multiple departments across Vir, partnering extensively with our Data Sciences and IT teams in particular. You will bridge biologics process development subject matter expertise with advanced data tools and technologies to streamline the implementation of Vir’s manufacturing processes and methods. This is a hybrid role, and you will work a few days each week from our HQ in San Francisco.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES:
- Onboard and develop applications to streamline analytical/process development experimental design, execution, and reporting including in silico/machine learning based modeling.
- Partner with internal/external process/analytical labs to evaluate and implement real time analytics, modeling, automation, and control toward value creation and reduced cost of goods manufactured.
- Enhance programmatic access and reporting of CMC data across the enterprise in partnership with IT/Data Sciences.
- Drive broadened application of Vir’s Manufacturing Data Repository to strengthen data aggregation and advanced analytics capabilities across CMC functions.
- Evaluate and implement solutions for streamlined data compilation in support of regulatory filings.
- Partner with Data Sciences and IT to develop and execute the Tech Ops Data Tools/Technologies project roadmap in support of Vir’s data strategy.
- Drive enterprise data innovation by staying current on new standards, methods, tools, platforms, and industry trends while identifying novel business needs and applications.
- Collaborate with product and technology team members to integrate product/platform experiences, data, and workflows.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Biosciences, Chemical Engineering with 13+ years of experience.
- Experience working in a biologics manufacturing facility and/or process development environment.
- Deep familiarity with mAb cell culture and/or purification technology, including bench, pilot, and GMP scale.
- Experience in statistical/machine learning and mechanistic modeling.
- Understanding of regulatory compliance (FDA, EMA, GMP).
- Experience leading digital transformation projects, applying process re-engineering and technology to deliver with speed and quality across multidisciplinary teams.
- Experience in Python or similar object-oriented languages.
- Executive level dashboard using Tableau or Spotfire.
- Strong evidence of end-to-end thinking and championing the digital experience.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams.
The expected salary range for this position is $198,500.00 to $261,500.00. Actual pay will be determined based on experience, qualifications, geographic location, and other job-related factors.