Would you like to see the impact of your work on the real world? Is hands-on world class engineering and problem-solving part of your passion? Welcome to WBA Tech.
We are a team of technologists, under our visionary CEO Rosalind Brewer, working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, affordable, easier to use, efficient, and patient-focused. Through the user of technology, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the center of everything we do. You will be part of a team that will build the future of a healthcare platform that connects customers with doctors' offices, hospitals, care centers, pharmacies, insurers and payors. Working for WBA Tech is rewarding because your efforts will make a true difference to customers and patients across the communities we serve in the U.S.
WBA is on the Fortune 500 list and our company purpose is more joyful lives through better health. Job Summary
Leads an engineering team in the development of assigned applications and tools. Serves as the technical lead in design, development, and deployment of successful cross functional projects in support of next generation platform for Walgreens. Plays a leading role to functionally decompose complex problems into simple and straight forward solutions. Ensures quality of architecture and design of systems. Assists directly and indirectly in continual hiring and development of technical talent. An innovative contributor to patents and intellectual property.Job Responsibilities
- Plans, designs, develops and tests systems or applications for enhancements and new products including cloud based or internet related tools for highly strategic and complex or high risk undertakings. Plays a leading role in new design and development.
- Writes code that establishes coding specifications, typically for programs and systems that have no precedent. Leads in developing the technical vision and design specifications for assigned projects and oversees implementation.
- Develops, or may lead in developing, technical or business approaches and new or enhanced technical tools.
- Owns the development and rollout for an entire product, or large project. Champions process Scrum, TDD, etc. Writes tech specs and identifies risks before starting major projects. Sets standards. Goes out of their way to reduce complexity. As needed, takes on additional tech lead responsibilities for driving an initiative to completion.
- Uses technical expertise in design, architecture and system interrelationships.
- Interacts with internal and external peers and management to share highly complex information or solutions related to areas of expertise and or to gain acceptance of new or enhanced technology or business solutions.
- May lead teams or projects.
About Walgreens and WBA
Walgreens () is included in the U.S. Retail Pharmacy and U.S. Healthcare segments of Walgreens Boots Alliance, Inc. (Nasdaq: WBA), an integrated healthcare, pharmacy and retail leader with a 170-year heritage of caring for communities. WBA's purpose is to create more joyful lives through better health. Operating nearly 9,000 retail locations across America, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, Walgreens is proud to be a neighborhood health destination serving nearly 10 million customers each day. Walgreens pharmacists play a critical role in the U.S. healthcare system by providing a wide range of pharmacy and healthcare services, including those that drive equitable access to care for the nation's medically underserved populations. To best meet the needs of customers and patients, Walgreens offers a true omnichannel experience, with fully integrated physical and digital platforms supported by the latest technology to deliver high-quality products and services in communities nationwide."Basic Qualifications
- Bachelors degree and at least 6 years of experience in engineering OR High School/GED and at least 9 years of experience in engineering
- Experience writing code for complex online applications, microservices or mobile applications
- Experience in algorithms, systems, architecture, bits and bytes and automation
- Experience with technical project management
- Experience writing and maintaining process documentation
- Experience creating coding solutions to fix complex problems or issues
- Experience engaging at the executive level
- Experience leading cross functional teams
- At least 2 years of experience contributing to financial decisions in the workplace.
- At least 3 years of direct leadership, indirect leadership and or cross functional team leadership.
- Willing to travel up to or at least 10% of the time for business purposes (within state and out of state).
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Demonstrated expert level hands-on experience & expertise in owning and delivering complex cloud-based & hybrid solutions using Adobe Campaign Classic. Expertise in additional Adobe Experience Cloud capabilities (AEP, AJO & CJO) and other B2C/B2B marketing automation platforms is a plus
- In-depth experience designing, building & enabling integrated complex retail & healthcare customer journeys along with integrating other enterprise applications and data backbone(s) (internal and external data sources). Knowledge of Pharmacy & Retail data landscape is a plus
- Full stack design/development experience within Azure ecosystem. Expert level understanding on Azure Data Factory, Azure Synapse & Azure SQL
- Skilled at advising, evaluating, recommending & advocating technology stacks across MarTech ecosystem. Proven ability to quickly adapt to new technologies, concepts, and approaches
- Bachelors degree in Computer science, Computer Engineering or Information Technology preferred
An employee in this position can expect a salary between $98,100 and $267,000 plus bonus pursuant to the terms of any bonus plan, if applicable, will depend on experience, seniority, geographic locations, and other factors permitted by law.
To review benefits, please click here