Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with our customers, is driven to make healthcare better. We offer innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes.
We are proud to be named the #5 World's Best Workplaces and a Best Workplace for Diversity by Fortune Magazine. Learn more about our award-winning organization by visiting stryker.com Why engineering at Stryker?
At Stryker we are dedicated to improving lives, with a passion for researching and developing new medical device products. As an engineer at Stryker, you will be proud of the work that you will be doing, using cutting-edge technologies to make healthcare better. Here, you will work in a supportive culture with other incredibly talented and intelligent people, creating industry-leading medical technology products. You will also have growth opportunities as we have a culture that supports your personal and professional development.
Need another reason to apply? Check out these 8 reasons to join Stryker's engineering team: It's time to join Stryker!
We are a great place to work. Fortune, in association with Great Place to Work, named us among the World's Best Workplaces. We currently rank #5 out of the 25 companies on the list. This list highlights companies that have gone above and beyond to create a great workplace for employees all over the world. Fortune also named us one of the 100 Best Companies to Work for in the United States. This is the tenth consecutive year we have been on the list, and we ranked #8 out of 100!
We are a market leader in emergency medical care, creating lifesaving tools for lifesaving teams. For example, our LIFEPAK brand is widely known by medical professionals in both hospital and pre-hospital emergency care settings. We design and build complex systems such as multiparameter physiological monitors, automated defibrillators, and technologies to assist with cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR). LifeNet, our internet-based system for moving emergent medical data was helping improve patient care before "cloud" was a computing buzz word. As a team, we thrive on helping emergency responders everywhere save lives and make healthcare better. Who We WantSoftware Enthusiast.
People who can come up creative design for complex software program and seek out the tough bugs to fix.Curious learners.
Engineers who seek out cutting-edge research and information to expand and enhance their ability to develop software.Collaborative partners.
People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, information, use cases, and industry analyses to develop best practices. What you will do
What you need
- You will lead or mentor technical teams in design and development of components, sub-systems, and/or systems for medical devices.
- You will apply (and mentor others) on advanced engineering theories, principles, and concepts across various products within business unit.
- You will assess and integrate new technologies and capabilities (such as prototyping, testing).
- You will mentor and influence corrections of complex product design issues.
- You will navigate and influence the intellectual landscape for filings and protection.
- You will translate user needs to design inputs/ specifications and produce system/architectural level layouts and platform designs.
- You will develop and influence a number of invention disclosures, patents or trade secrets.
- You will lead the architectural design of a complex system and guide design tradeoff decisions.
- You will generate and review the necessary documents with project teams. (requirements/design/architecture/bugs/test).
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Software Engineering/ Computer Science or related discipline. Master's Degree preferred.
- 8+ years of related work experience.
Why Stryker? "It's the people." That's the answer you'll hear most often when you ask our employees why they love working here. Come join our team at Stryker in Redmond!
- In-depth experience with AWS architecture highly desired
- In depth experience with C# and Python.
- Familiar with React framework.
- Full stack development experience.
- Understanding of the theory and methods of agile software development.
- Ability to architect, design, and develop end-to-end solutions, including both client side and server side components of the software.
- A combined skill-set of front-end technology, backend server side technology, database, application security, and DevOps.
Our total rewards offering varies by country but often includes bonuses; commissions; healthcare; insurance benefits; retirement programs; stock based plans; paid time off plans; family and parenting leaves; tuition reimbursement; wellness programs; onsite fitness centers and cafeterias; discount purchase programs; and service and performance awards - not to mention various social and recreational activities. Know someone at Stryker?
Be sure to have them submit you as a referral prior to applying for this position. Learn more about our employee referral program at