Center 2 (19050), United States of America, McLean, Virginia
Principal Associate, Software Engineer (Architecture and SRE Support) (Remote Eligible)
The Associate Experience Technology Team is a fast-paced and passionate team that is responsible for improving the Associate Experience across Capital One by creating enterprise solutions that are simple, secure and seamless. We design and deliver software solutions across a diverse technology landscape that consists of enterprise SaaS applications, OS Platforms, Web and Mobile applications and custom built enterprise solutions.
As a Principal Associate, SW Engineering (architecture and SRE Support), you will work in a horizontal team that partners alongside product engineering teams to build and deliver innovative solutions at an enterprise scale. Serving as a technical voice, you will be responsible for providing architectural and SRE guidance to our Engineering, Product, Data, and Design teams as they plan and build out new products. You will also be involved in continuously helping to improve our existing suite of products to ensure security, performance, maintainability, and usability are best-in-class.
- Passionate about SW Engineering, SRE, and architecture across a broad range of systems and technologies
- Lead by influence and enjoy engaging in healthy debates to arrive at creative solutions with a vast array of technologists and leaders
- Recognize the impact of near and long term decisions and can explain it to technical and non-technical audiences
- Excel at building and leveraging trust with technical teams and leaders to gain alignment
- Always seek to elevate the user experience through innovative solutions
- Fosters a passion and has experience building resilient systems and applications.
- Perform hands-on architecture and design for applications used primarily to enable the success of Capital One's Associate Experience portfolio, including new products, features, platforms, and integrations
- Understand current state solutions, identify improvements, options and tradeoffs, define target state solutions and support the development of investment roadmaps
- Participate in integrated triage, solutioning and delivery of high value work for the domain
- Clearly articulate, document, and promote architectural targets and reusable patterns, implemented for the domain across internal and external stakeholders
- Build and maintain relationships with technical leaders, product owners, peer architects, and other stakeholders to become a trusted advisor
- Engage and learn about the broader Capital One technology environment and target architectures, factoring these into solution architectures and recommendations
- Architect highly available, resilient solutions deployed across Capital One's technology ecosystem spanning public cloud infrastructure and 3rd party-hosted implementations
- Define integrations among internal Capital One systems and with 3rd parties, including external partner clients, through APIs, data streams, and files
- Provide technical leadership to the design, development and implementation of targeted custom solutions by Software Engineers, through informed use of modern technology
- Apply SRE principles to improve reliability, quality, and time-to-market of our suite of software solutions and platforms
The successful candidate will:
Capital One is open to hiring a Remote Employee for this opportunity.
- Possess excellent organizational skills and ability to multitask, while quickly shifting context and priorities
- Have a proven track record for leading and enabling technology, architecture and software engineering activities at enterprise scale
- Seamlessly react to changes in priorities and new requests while maintaining existing commitments
- Demonstrate strong analytical, problem-solving, and decision making skills
- Exhibit skill at facilitation and influence across teams, departments, and divisions
- Be self-motivated and display an unwavering responsibility to deliver high quality results and commitments
- Effectively communicate and build relationships to interact, inform, influence and communicate with key stakeholders across the company
- Possess a keen attention to detail and a passion for Architecture, Software Engineering, Technology, SRE, and Customer Experience
- Have an intellectual curiosity and interest to maintain and acquire new engineering,, technology, and architecture skills
- Bachelor's Degree
- At least 4 years of experience in software engineering (Internship experience does not apply)
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
- 6+ years of experience in software engineering
- 4+ years of experience in data engineering
- 2+ years of experience creating solution or application architectures in a public cloud (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud)
- 2+ years experience utilizing Agile methodologies
- 4+ years of experience in distributed systems, API, microservices, data processing, databases(relational, NoSQL or time-series), streaming or messaging platforms, DevOps, resilience and stability.
- 2+ years of experience with Application Security or Vulnerability Management
- 2+ years of experience with macOS, Windows or mobile device management technologies
- AWS Certification (Solution Architect-Associate preferred)
No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections ; New York City's Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia's Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1- or via email at . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to
Capital One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).