We are seeking a Presuit Paralegal to join our team. As a Presuit Paralegal you must be highly organized and able to work on a varied caseload. The Presuit Paralegal will assist the attorney in developing settlements, preparing documents and correspondence as needed. The ideal candidate is customer focused and empathetic.
- Daily interaction with existing and potential clients, via telephone and in person.
- Order medical records from providers and communicate with clients and providers during the course of treatment.
- Obtain documents necessary to support injury and/or liability positions
- Interact with insurance carriers and healthcare providers to secure records and account balances
- Negotiate case settlements with insurance carriers and negotiate a deduction of outstanding medical balances with providers
- Work directly with multiple coworkers involved in the management and support of case files
- Maintain organized case files.
- Prepare comprehensive demands and assemble support for submission to carriers
- Interact with attorneys and present case synopsis when required
- Manage case files from intake to closing under the direction of an attorney
- Bachelor’s degree (preferred)
- Prior experience as a Personal Injury Case Manager preferred.
- At least 2 years of working in a legal position or insurance adjuster experience preferred.
- Negotiating skills.
- Ability to be a team player and follow procedures.
- Proactive interaction with clients, insurance companies and medical providers.
- Must possess the ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage workload with a positive attitude and minimal supervision.
- Highly organized with the ability to juggle multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong writing and communication skills along with attention to detail
- Extensive computer and database expertise, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and type no less than 35 wpm.