PostGreSQL DBA - 100 % Remote POSITION
: PostGreSQL DBA - 100 % RemoteLOCATION
: 100% RemoteDURATION
: 6 Months to One Year - 100% Remote) SKILLS
: PostGreSQL, Postgres Internals, PostGreSQL Performance, Automation, Ansible, High Availability, Disaster Recovery, Streaming Replication, Logical Replication, Foreign Data Wrappers, Query Tuning, Optimization, Backup Strategies, Proxy Usage, Database Migration, Oracle, SQL Server, AWS RDB, Data Architecture, AWS Aurora PostgreSQL, AWS data lake, S3, Glue
ROLE and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- You will be responsible for implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of system health for high-concurrency PostgreSQL database systems ensuring the availability and consistent performance, supporting product development teams.
- Build high-scale data pipelines and data infrastructure for migrating SQLServer and Oracle DB to PostgreSQL on AWS RDB.
- Specific experience in complex large data architectures using AWS Aurora PostgreSQL and AWS data lake (S3 and Glue) with IAM roles and KMS key encryption.
- Resolve database performance and scalability issues and implement performance tuning and optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Design and implement scalable database schemas and configurations, File system layout, physical partitioning, sharding and replication, incremental backups, restores, and recovery models.
- Implement High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for PostgreSQL
- Develop DevOps policies and procedures as it relates to PostgreSQL
- Manage PostgreSQL databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to mission-critical production systems dealing with upgrades.
- Independently analyzes, solves, and corrects issues in real-time, providing problem resolution end-to-end.
- Refines and automates regular processes, tracks issues, and documents changes.
- Assists developers with complex query tuning and schema refinement.
- Provides on-call support, as part of team rotation, for critical production systems.
- Performs pre-scheduled maintenance and support release deployment activities after hours.
- Shares domain and technical expertise, providing technical mentorship and cross-training to other peers and team members.
- Design and implement a complex system to combine and merge data from multiple database servers into a target database.
- Create complex queries to produce materialized views collating data from multiple servers based on which server is deemed authoritative for each record.
- Tune performance of source and target servers to ensure performance is maintained even after replication/merge engine is added.
SKILLS and EXPERIENCE:
- Strong experience with PostgreSQL and it has been your primary database for a minimum of 3-5 years.
- Deep understanding of systems performance of PostgreSQL, and advanced knowledge of Postgres internals
- Understand automation concepts to speed up the work using Ansible
- Experienced implementing high availability by setting up either streaming replication or logical replication and decoding
- Expertise implementing Foreign Data Wrappers to sync data across multiple PostgreSQL servers and Advanced query tuning for large data sets
- Knows how to optimize queries/schemas and backup solutions and strategies
- Knows HA solutions and strategies
- Knows proxy usage as it relates to Postgres
- Able to troubleshoot methodically, identifying and applying fixes for known errors, and when necessary, capacity to think outside of the box to resolve complex issues
- Experienced with system performance counters and metrics relevant to the operation of high-concurrency PostgreSQL implementations, and resolve database performance and scalability issues.
- provided by Dice