Our client, a highly established and successful ecommerce company are looking to hire a Lead PHP developer to work on one of three new projects within the growing IT department.
You will have significant involvement in the continual evolution of the bespoke in-house systems, and will work collaboratively to improve and develop them for the future. There are a number of large and long-scale projects, including developing a new bespoke ecommerce website platform; a full back-office solution for stock and a robust HR and task management system.
- Leading the project and guiding others on the team.
- Planning and assignment of work in cooperation with the project manage
- Working closely with a team of developers to maintain and develop high performance and scalable systems with the goal of providing a great user experience.
- Interacting and collaborating with commercial and project teams to define technical solutions and meet the requirements of the business.
- Performing peer review of your colleague's code as part of the software deployment pipeline, and organising and performing frequent deployments.
- Researching and implementing new technologies, tools and methodologies.
- A high level of commercial experience working with PHP 7 and MySQL.
- At least 4 years experience within software engineering
- Strong leadership skills for managing a team of developers, and the ability to inspire.
- An understanding of commercial and client requirements for creating project specifications
- Experience working with the MVC design pattern and experience with MVC frameworks such as Symfony, Laravel and/or Zend.
- Knowledge of Composer for internal and external dependencies.
- Understanding and experience with Linux server administration.
- Experience with source control, in particular Git and pull requests.
- Experience with using JIRA or other ticket management tools.
- Knowledge and experience of RESTful APIs.
- Competitive salary
- Fantastic bonus scheme
- Excellent career development opportunities
- Staff discount
- Free parking, free fruit and a fab chill out room with Netflix and games consoles!
Get in touch today to find out more.
Brewster Partners Office Support & Technical Recruitment is a division of the Brewster Partners Recruitment Group focusing on the recruitment of talent in administration, business support, HR, sales, marketing and purchasing in South Yorkshire, West Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, North Yorkshire, Lincolnshire, Nottinghamshire and the Midlands. If you are interested in discussing this job in more detail or any other aspect of office support and technical recruitment we would really like to hear from you. Please visit our website at Brewster Partners for more information