We are seeking a Pharmacist to direct and manage the dispensing of cannabis products to our medical patients. In this role, you’ll serve as the onsite medical authority, ensuring patients receive correct dosage along with a healthy amount of education and counseling. You’ll have the unique opportunity to serve as a one-on-one educator to our cannabis patients, and you’ll excel at completing a prospective drug utilization review to assess: appropriateness of therapy; appropriate strain, dosage, route, and duration; allergies and drug interactions contraindications; and possible misuse. This role requires someone who cares deeply for our patients and the plant who is driven by alternative medicine to help us drive Green Thumb’s mission of empowering well-being through the power of cannabis.
- Be in-store at all times during their scheduled shift to allow for dispensation of cannabis products.
- Assess patient certification to monitor for restrictions and where appropriate help patients to determine best course of treatment.
- Drive retail sales and patient retention
- Ensure compliance with all company policies and procedures and federal and state laws
- Communicate restrictions with dispensary team to ensure any limitations on product selection/quantity
- Provide timely and accurate medication information to patients over the phone and in-person
- Educate new and existing patients about the properties and benefits of cannabis
- Consults patients and assesses patient’s certification to recommend best course of treatment
- Responsible to stay up to date on current research and information related to cannabis/marijuana
- Pharmacists may assist with additional dispensary tasks, as store manager deems fit. These include but are not limited to accepting product deliveries, returns, inventory controls, employee trainings, fulfilling online orders, and completing patient orders at the registers
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be a registered and licensed Pharmacist in good standing with the state of operations
- 2+ years of relevant pharmacy experience with an excellent patient and customer focused approach
- Ability to learn and understand cannabinoids and how they interact with the human body
- Previous experience utilizing Point of Sale technology systems.
- Working knowledge of inventory and sales reporting
- Highly motivated, self-directed, innovative and able to work independently or among teams with keen judgement, common sense and resourcefulness
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
- Operates with a high level of professionalism and integrity, including dealing with confidential information
- Must understand and comply with the rules, regulations, policies, and procedures of Green Thumb
- Must have a solid understanding of the Cannabis laws, rules and regulations and passion to further their understanding and knowledge of the industry and the laws.
- Meet the scheduling and availability requirements to meet business needs
- Must pass any and all required background checks
- Must be and remain compliant with all legal or company regulations for working in the industry
- Must possess valid driver’s license
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Must be approved by state badging agency to work in cannabis industry