People and Culture Generalist
Upfeat is on a mission to be the leader in providing customers with the best deals when they are shopping online. By bringing together the right technical expertise and business acumen, we are in 5 global markets and we have teamed up with 20 partner sites. We are proud to have 40 million unique users, and we’re just getting started!
We have built an open, collaborative remote-first environment and we love to learn and experiment with new ideas and technologies. We are proud to appear for a second consecutive year in the Globe and Mail Report on Business of Canada’s Top Growing Companies. In addition to being ranked in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ program, and recognized on the Deloitte Technology Fast 500™.
We are seeking a forward-thinking People & Culture Generalist to synchronize our business goals with our People & Culture approach. The ideal candidate will act as a driving force for our organizational culture, possess a proven history of nurturing talent, and demonstrate the capacity to inspire and implement change.
Are you someone who flourishes in a rapidly evolving environment? Are you passionate about challenging conventional wisdom and discovering creative solutions to problems? If you have a growth mindset and can execute at a fast pace with a strong desire to innovate, then this role is for you!
This position is remote and will initially be a full-time contract, with the potential to transition into a full-time permanent role.
- Discover opportunities for automating People Operations tasks, addressing procedural inefficiencies and disparities and enhancing people-centric processes to boost overall employee satisfaction and productivity.
- Enhance processes and approaches for scalable growth, encompassing areas such as onboarding, offboarding, performance management, salary evolutions, employee engagement and more.
- Manage every facet of global people compliance, encompassing the management of policies, practices and data governance.
- Oversee vendor partnerships, contract discussions and agreements for a range of People & Culture initiatives, resources and services.
- Lead the Recruitment program by leveraging ATS data to identify top talent candidates, drafting and publishing job descriptions, conducting preliminary candidate screenings and organizing interviews.
- Spearhead employee benefits management, retirement plans and other associated perks.
- Organize and implement employee events by hosting engaging virtual celebrations.
- Champion our workforce by overseeing employee appreciation and cultural initiatives.
- Stay current on industry trends, developments, labour regulations and best practices.
- Offer assistance and direction to employees regarding HR-related questions, issues and concerns.
- 3 – 5 years experience as an HR Generalist in a fast-paced environment.
- Continuous education or Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business Administration or a related field.
- Previous experience in a startup or technology company during a period of innovation and rapid expansion.
- Possess self-awareness and you recognize when to seek assistance or raise concerns, and you are the type of individual who can learn from errors and quickly change and adapt.
- Adept at analysis and data-driven thinking, you can rely on quantitative and qualitative data and feedback to make well informed decisions, recognize patterns and formulate action plans.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to analyze data and make data-driven decisions.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, solve ambiguous problems and think in an innovative manner.
- Strong sense of ownership, the inclination for action, urgency and drive.
- Ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements, including equal employment opportunities, labour laws across multiple geographies and other applicable regulations.
Notice for Job Applicants
We are living and thriving on diversity at Upfeat! We thank all applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.