People & Culture Generalist
Job Category: People and Culture
Requisition Number: PEOPL002452
At Truckstop, we have transformed the entire freight-moving lifecycle with our SaaS solutions. From freight matching to payments and everything in between, we are the trusted partner for carriers, brokers, and shippers alike.
We lead this industry forward with our One Team mindset committing to principles such as assume positive intent, have each other’s back, and be your authentic self. Our drive for greatness produces high expectations, yet our regard for humans is even higher.
Join a team of brilliant minds and generous hearts who care deeply about other’s success.
As our People & Culture Generalist you will be working alongside our P&C team members, assisting with the implementation of P&C strategies that further the growth and direction of the company, while ensuring a healthy productive work environment for all Partners. This is an excellent opportunity for a driven, passionate, personable, problem-solving individual who is energized by making a difference and helping others.
Essential Job Functions:
- · Assist and support the Business Partner and P&C team on a variety of initiatives, from answering day to day general questions to proactive Partner coaching through difficult situations
- · Build strong relationships that reinforce P&C as a key support mechanism and a resource for improvements across the organization
- · Work in tandem with Business Partners as a coach and mediator on employee relations challenges
- · Oversee and manage the onboarding and offboarding process, creating a positive and professional experience for our Partners
- · Oversee the development, responses, and maintenance for the P&C AI interface as well as promote, support, and educate employees on Employee systems and processes
- · Support the implementation of varied P&C projects enabling successful delivery of the P&C strategy
- · Provide first line support to Partner queries
- · Works closely with the payroll team on bi-weekly updates and changes
- · Liaise with legal and provide proactive management and support for Partners needing assistance with immigrations and the sponsorship process
- · Complete a variety of People & Culture analytics along with a variety of compliance reporting, ensuring adherence with federal and state laws
- · Administer company policies and procedures including participation in a variety of Partner meetings
- · Manage the flow of P&C related information on internal sites, and our HRIS, including compliance, data entry, retrieval, and generation of P&C related reports
- · Maintain up-to date knowledge on a variety of P&C topics, such as: Immigration, Individual State laws, Federal laws, E-Verify, Fair Labor Standard Act, Minimum Wage, Overtime, Equal Pay, General Human Resource Practices (Federal and State specific), Documentation (I-9, W-4, etc.)
- · Maintain employee files and records in electronic form
- · A bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field, or equivalent professional experience
- · Two or more years of previous experience as a HR Generalist is preferred
- · Excellent knowledge of UKG and or Greenhouse preferred
- · Understanding of HR processes and HR-related regulations
- · People focused with strong communication skills
- · Exceptional active listening, negotiation, and presentation skills
- · Ability to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the organization
- · Highly organized, with exceptional attention to detail; and the proven ability to manage multiple tasks and perform in a fast-paced environment
- · Working knowledge of MS office software – MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
The above description covers the most significant duties performed but does not include other related occasional work that may be assigned or is completed by the partner.
Truckstop.com provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.