Join Our Community of Food People!
This is a great opportunity to work with our Tax team in our Tempe, AZ location.
This position has been segmented as blended meaning the work is a combination of onsite and remote/virtual as defined by the role segmentation.
* Provide direction to staff on payroll tax related matters including resolution to inquiries.
* Works with other team members to provide high quality payroll services.
* Participate actively as a member of team focused on high quality customer service.
* Works with Payroll Business Analyst to complete UAT for Workday updates.
* Ensure that payroll tax processes follow company policies and comply with state and federal regulations/industry standards.
* High knowledge of taxes to include all locals and municipalities taxes.
* Maintain a high level of subject matter knowledge.
* Perform special projects, as assigned, e.g., special audits, assisting other finance departments, etc.
* Manages multi-state PR tax withholding, reporting and remittance processes for all applicable state and federal agencies.
* Reviews and coordinates necessary changes to the quarterly Federal & State tax returns.
* Prepares payroll reports as requested using database reporting tool.
* Maintains accurate files and records.
* Researches and responds to employee and internal payroll tax inquiries in a timely fashion.
* Works closely with Human Resources at support offices and in the field to ensure accurate tax set ups for associates and record keeping.
* Manage the W2 process and any related corrections to the associate and agencies.
* Responsible for timely and accurate processing of required payroll reports, data input and audit of payroll information entered according to our SOX and Internal Auditor requirements.
* Researches and corrects payroll errors to include balance adjustments.
* Assists the payroll team in making sure that all payroll related tasks are completed in an accurate and timely manner to produce weekly and biweekly payroll supporting 65(+) divisions with approx. 30,000 associates.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* High School diploma or equivalent required; Bachelor's degree in Accounting desired; CPP Certification desired
* 3+ years of experience with high volume, multi-state customer base
* 3+ years of Payroll system experience, Workday experience is strongly preferred
* Sarbanes-Oxley implementation experience desired
* ADP experience required
* Kronos working experience desired
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Detail oriented with strong organizational, analytical and project management skills.
* EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status*