Why work for this company .
- The company is a leader in its niche. They are GROWING, GROWING, GROWING!
- They offer a comprehensive benefits package. 25% bonus target.
- 100% REMOTE role (if not located in Houston). Quarterly trips to Houston.
- Accounting and finance team of 30 plus and growing!
- In the renewables space.
- Must LOVE change and creating reports from scratch.
- PE-backed and pre-IPO!
What you will be doing .
- Manages the processing and reviews, monthly, quarterly, and annual state and federal payroll taxes for company and all its subsidiary and related companies.
- Annual W2 reconciliation and submission for all companies.
- Researches states/localities as needed and ensure all companies are in compliance with tax registration and reporting in the states/localities where business is conducted.
- Oversight of all Union weekly, monthly, and annual reporting as well as a clear understanding of CBA Agreements.
- Maintain labor rate tables and billed labor reports. Responsible for labor rate corrections.
- Responsible for complying with State Prevailing Wage ("SPW"), as applicable, and ensuring its contract awardees, contractors and subcontractors do the same through the review of certified payroll records.
- Payroll Processing:
- Payroll processing for company and its subsidiary and related companies.
- Manages the payment processing of garnishments, and all other deductions.
- Oversees employee set up in UKG Pro for deductions and liabilities and ensures payroll is processed timely and accurate
- Payroll processing ensuring that all payroll is recorded and classified in the system and general ledger accurately.
- Work with Accounting to reconcile UKG to bank withdrawals, benefits and retirement plan contribution records, and company GL.
- Manages monthly account reconciliation to ensure benefit accounting is complete and accurate.
- Review all invoices for benefit premiums to ensure agreement to employee benefit elections and contracted rates on a monthly basis.
What do you need to bring to the table .
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or Related Discipline plus 6+ years' experience in the Payroll Tax field
- 6 or more years of payroll management experience and experience in the Construction industry is a must.
- Superior knowledge of payroll processing and payroll tax filing.
- Must have union (union laws/dues) and nonunion experience as well as State Prevailing Wage experience
- Viewpoint and UKG Pro experience is a strong plus
- CPP is a strong plus
- Expert-level skills working in MS Excel given large amount of data sets and manual processes.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in general accounting including reconciliations of tax, benefit and payroll related general ledger accounts.