Title Payroll Specialist – EMEA/APAC
Desired Location UK
The world of payment processing is rapidly evolving, and businesses are looking for loyal and strategic partners, to help them grow.
WE ARE NUVEI. Nuvei (NASDAQ: NVEI) (TSX: NVEI) the Canadian fintech company accelerating the business of clients around the world. Nuvei’s modular, flexible and scalable technology allows leading companies to accept next-gen payments, offer all payout options and benefit from card issuing, banking, risk and fraud management services. Connecting businesses to their customers in more than 200 markets, with local acquiring in 47 markets, 150 currencies and 586 alternative payment methods, Nuvei provides the technology and insights for customers and partners to succeed locally and globally with one integration.
At Nuvei, we live our core values, and we thrive on solving complex problems. We’re dedicated to continually improving our product and providing relentless customer service. We are always looking for exceptional talent to join us on the journey!
We are looking for a Payroll Specialist to join our fast-growing People Ops team. Reporting to our Payroll Lead, you will be responsible for the day-to-day co-ordination of assigned payrolls within the scope of the EMEA/APAC region. You will be collating and providing payroll changes to the payroll provider, including on-and offboarding, variable payments and also performing month-end reconciliations. You will ensure timely resolutions to queries and provide additional project work support.
· Ensuring payroll input is complete and accurate, covering employee lifecycle events, benefits and specific equity transactions
· Ensuring payroll is processed completely, timely and in accordance with country local requirements
· Timely completion of monthly/annual post-payroll activities including employee payroll/tax/social security payments and reporting submissions, payroll reconciliation with accounting, etc.
· Maintaining process/control documentation and performance metrics
· Reconciliation of a number of payrolls, including adhering to audit requirements and
· Be able to recognise potential problems and work towards identifying solutions
· Ensure the adoption of risk and SOX controls are in place with continuous process
· Effective collaboration with external providers and global team
· Assist with project work as it arises
· 5+ years of relevant experience
· Have a passionate approach, endorsing a continuous improvement way of working
· Experience with Cloudpay and HiBob is advantageous
· Knowledge and proven track record of applying principles, concepts and industry practices and standards
· Experience in owning end to end process for multiple countries
· Excellent attention to detail
· Familiarity with location specific legislative requirements within EMEA/APAC regions
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Advanced Excel skills
Nuvei is an equal-opportunity employer that celebrates collaboration and innovation and is committed to developing a diverse and inclusive workplace. The team at Nuvei is comprised of a wealth of talent, skill, and ambition. We believe that employees are happiest when they’re empowered to be their true, authentic selves. So, please come as you are. We can’t wait to meet you.
· Long Term Incentive Plan that creates an opportunity for all employees to financial benefit from Nuvei’s growth
· 2.5 additional days of annual leave a quarter, if company hit quarterly targets
· Private Medical Insurance
· English (written and spoken) is the language used most of the time, as work colleagues, clients, and strategic suppliers are geographically dispersed.
Read our advice on how to answer the most common interview questions.