Build your Career with an Industry Leader
Multi Color Corporation and Fort Dearborn have merged and are now the world's largest prime label and packaging supplier. Join the new MCC and you will have the opportunity to become part of an organization that is committed to excellence and industry leadership for over 110 years.
The Payroll Manager oversees and supervise the organization's payroll functions, ensuring pay is processed on time, accurately, and in compliance with government regulations. Provides a high level of customer service and responsiveness.
- Supervises the daily activities of support team members, sets priorities for the team to ensure task completion; coordinates work activities and sets priorities to meet operational objectives.
- Assists in developing training plans and materials.
- Educates team members on system functionality and reporting capabilities as needed.
- Trains, coaches, and mentor's people. Provides constructive and timely performance feedback and evaluations.
- Ensures direct reports support related initiatives for their employees in accordance with company personnel management policies.
- The Payroll Manager must always maintain confidentiality when involved with sensitive information and/or documents.
- They must understand and adhere to the policies and procedures outlined in the employee manual while performing special projects, other duties as assigned as well as the below listed duties.
- The incumbent serves as a liaison with internal and external customers to facilitate the necessary exchange of information in the following areas:
- Human Resources, Benefits, and Accounting with payroll related questions.
- Reviewing and confirming quarterly payroll and tax reports from payroll provider.
- External auditors, service providers and associates.
- Relocation company for wage level verification and quarterly processing of taxable wage adjustments for relocation.
- Partner with finance on payroll-related tax compliance issues and ensures compliance with relevant federal, state, and local tax registration in accordance with relevant laws and internal policies.
- Implements, maintains, and reviews payroll processing systems to ensure timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions including salaries, benefits, garnishments, taxes, and other deductions.
- Facilitates the functions within the Human Resources Information System (HRIS) software for issuance of payroll checks and statements of earnings and deductions on a weekly basis.
- Facilitates input data for payment, including bonuses, disability, relocation, and other non-time clock generated needs.
- Approve manual checks and pay cards issued for final pay or corrections, including Positive Pay approvals in banking software.
- Facilitate the review, comprehension, and set up of withholding orders and related distribution of payments to agencies.
- Oversees the set-up of Payroll Calendar and accrual settings for the new year rollover and annual Holiday Group and Schedule in HRIS.
- Ensures the General Ledger setup for financial system changes is converted.
- Facilitates tax account enrollment and/or closure as needed, for withholding and unemployment.
- Prepares and maintains accurate records and reports of payroll transactions which ensures compliance with federal, state, and local payroll, wage, and hour laws and best practices including but not limited to the following:
- Completing and maintain all required paperwork, records, documents, forms, postings, etc.
- Preparing monthly, quarterly, and annual financial data required, including but not limited to general ledger expenses and accruals, 401(k) expense, and vacation worksheets, vacation accrual worksheets on a quarterly basis and when requested.
- Preparing Workers Compensation audit workpapers for annual insurance carrier audit.
- Processing Unemployment Compensation related paperwork including verification of payments, inquiries, and distributions to Human Resources for appropriate response.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance, Business Administration, or a closely related field. Experience may be considered in lieu of degree requirement
- Five (5) years of relevant payroll processing experience is required.
- Must be a subject matter expert in payroll procedures, regulations, and multi-tax filing with a least five (5) years of relevant experience.
- Prior supervisory experience is required.
- Experience with HRIS software including Ceridian Dayforce is highly desirable.
- Experience with SAP is highly desirable.
- Experience in a manufacturing environment is desired.
- Proficiency in MS Excel spreadsheets including advanced formulas, macros, and pivot tables.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret business periodicals, and government regulations.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and coordinate priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced work environment.
- Must be able to write, keyboard/type, answer telephone which may require repetitive motion.
- May be required to lift up to 20 pounds.
- Remain stationary for long periods of time (sitting or standing), walking as needed.
MCC welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. MCC is an equal opportunity employer.