CBO - Garden City, NYRemote Type
Fully RemotePosition Type
Full TimeEducation Level
High SchoolSalary Range
$14.00 - $19.00 HourlyJob Category
: Provides the highest level of customer service to patients and team members and outbound calls via telephone by performing the following duties: Responsibilities
include, but are not limited to the following:
- Making outbound calls in a friendly, courteous, professional & positive manner, while delivering exceptional, individualized customer service to schedule patients appointments via reactivation and new patient acquisition efforts.
- Maintaining accurate records by verifying/obtaining/updating mandatory patient demographic & insurance information and entering into the practice management system accordingly.
- Forward calls to appropriate practice/department for additional follow-up, information or resolution.
- Document and enter messages into practice management system and distribute to appropriate practice/department with proper information conveyed in an efficient manner.
- Answer inquiries by researching, locating, and providing relevant information.
- Maintain patient privacy by adhering to all applicable HIPAA regulations.
- Promptly address inbound email inquiries and requests from patients and others regarding services and information about OCLI as assigned by manager.
- Handle making outbound calls to schedule patients upon request.
- Work collaboratively & courteously with all other departments to ensure a positive patient experience.
- Provide backup inbound call answering support as needed based on call volumes as determined by the call center director.
- Perform various administrative functions and other duties/projects as assigned.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
Education and/or Experience
- Customer Service - Able to manage difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others' ideas and tries new things.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings; Communicate calmly/compassionately in a high-volume call center; Effectively present information to customers and other employees of the organization.
- Written Communication - Able to read, comprehend and write simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed. Must be able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Technical Skills - Proficiency in relevant computer applications (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Suite, etc.) as well as data entry/typing & computerized scheduling systems (EMR/EHR).
- Organizational Support - Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Knowledge about physicians within OCLI, professional services provided & general practice policies.
- Quality - Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
- This is a full time position requiring 40 hours per week, (excluding meal period), and is generally worked Monday through Friday between the hours of 11:00AM - 7:00PM, Saturday 10:00AM - 2:00PM and Sunday 10:00AM - 2:00PM. More specific hours shall be established and communicated in a written offer of employment and will be subject to the needs of the organization, which may be subject to change from time to time.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience working with the public & demonstrate strong communication & customer service skills. Previous medical practice experience and/or a general knowledge of current ophthalmology practices, concepts and procedures is preferred.
- Prior inbound/outbound call center and telephone experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual, English/Spanish preferred but not required.
- Evening and weekend availability required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.