Metabolic Research Institute, Inc. (“MRI”) is a leading biotechnology company specializing in metabolic disorders and personalized medicine. We are currently seeking a detail-oriented and organized individual to join our team as a Patient File Clerk. This is a remote position specifically for candidates located in Utah.
As a Patient File Clerk at MRI, you will play a crucial role in maintaining and organizing patient files and records. Your primary responsibility will be to ensure the accurate and efficient management of patient information in both physical and electronic formats. In addition, you will collaborate with medical and administrative staff to ensure the availability and accessibility of patient files when needed.
We are seeking a candidate who is highly reliable, efficient, and able to work independently. If you have strong organizational skills and attention to detail, and are looking for an opportunity to contribute to cutting-edge research in a supportive and dynamic environment, we encourage you to apply.
- Create and maintain organized patient files, both physically and electronically.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness of patient information, cross-referencing when necessary.
- Retrieve and distribute patient files to medical and administrative staff as needed.
- Assist in the transition to electronic medical records by scanning and uploading physical files.
- Follow established protocols for record management and retention.
- Collaborate with the team to identify opportunities for process improvement and enhance document management efficiency.
- Ensure patient confidentiality and safeguard sensitive information.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification.
- Prior experience as a file clerk or in a similar administrative role is preferred.
- Proficient in file management and organization.
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize tasks effectively.
- Familiarity with electronic document management systems is a plus.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Reliable and able to meet deadlines consistently.
- Must be located in Utah and have the necessary remote work setup.