We currently have an opportunity for a Patent Paralegal with a major pharmaceutical company in the Princeton, New Jersey area (Zip Code 08540). This is a work from home position.
Position responsibilities are:
- Monitor progress of patent cases and patent attorney/agent dockets through use of USPTO Private PAIR, IP Management Software and Document Management System.
- Manage outside counsel e-mail review.
- Review patent application files to check for compliance with USPTO requirements and BMS department standards.
- Independently drafts and assists with attorney responses to worldwide foreign patent agents.
- Professional liaison between IP Practitioner and inventors, efficiently obtaining inventor signatures on formal documents.
- Process and reconcile expense reports
- Organize meetings for attorneys/agents including meeting agenda and meeting minutes preparation
Position requirements are:
-Strong knowledge and working experience of the USPTO EFS web filing system in order to independently draft and prepare simple to moderately complex patent legal documents for submission to the USPTO including (but not limited to) patent applications, figures, sequence listings, amendments, information disclosure statements, office action responses, requests for continued examination, notices of appeal, reply briefs, allowance checklists, allowed claims, issue fee payments, etc.
- Basic knowledge of Patent Term Adjustment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 including Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel
- Proficient knowledge of IP Management Software and Document Management Software
- Experienced with editing in Adobe Acrobat Pro
- Proficient with basic to advanced forms including IP Management Software generated forms.
- Proficient knowledge of domestic and foreign patent databases, e.g., PCT Scope; EPO Online
- Ability to search and procure patent references including U.S. and Foreign patents and journal articles.
- Familiarity with the Code of Federal Regulations (Title 37) and the Manual of Patent Examining Procedure (MPEP) to enable ability to identify legal issues/problems based on knowledge of PTO procedures.