Toast is driven by building the restaurant platform that helps restaurants adapt, take control, and get back to what they do best: building the businesses they love.
Toast’s Partnership team is looking for an analytical, action-oriented individual to join the Partnership Operations team. This role will support day-to-day and strategic needs of the broader Business Development Team.
The Business Development team at Toast is responsible for creating and growing integration and channel partnerships. The Partnership Operations arm supports the team’s goals through processes, systems, and data. We focus on running and improving the processes that are critical for the success of our partnerships and, in turn, their contribution to Toast’s revenue and growth. We work with a variety of teams, including finance, accounting, central operations/systems, marketing, and BI.
The Partnership Operations Manager, Analytics will play a key role in strategic decision making and process improvement through data and data-driven insights and process improvements. Read the specific responsibilities and what we are looking for below, and apply if this sounds like you!
About this roll* (Responsibilities)
- Maintain and improve dashboards that report on key business metrics the Partnership team tracks and relies on for decision making
- Maintain, create, and improve data tools that partners or internal teams use daily to manage and grow our strategic partnerships
- Own and improve certain Partner Operations processes, mostly related to partner revenue share collection, partner onboarding, partner payouts, and partner referral management
- Conduct ad-hoc analysis to support strategic priorities. Examples of questions this person may help answer include: where should we focus to grow a specific partnership? Has a specific partnership pilot been successful? How should we allocate resources across partners to maximize revenue and customer satisfaction?
Do you have the right ingredients*? (Requirements)
- Technical and fluent in data. Whether it’s analyzing data sets with SQL and Python or optimizing Google Sheets with complex formulas, data is a core part of your toolkit. You are familiar with the data tools we use at Toast, or similar ones: Snowflake, Looker, Looker Data Studio, Hex
- Proven ability or strong interest in improving business processes and driving efficiencies by diagnosing and addressing root causes. Familiarity with business tools we use at Toast, or similar ones: Salesforce (CRM), Netsuite (accounting software), Monday.com (workflow management), Asana (project management)
- Data analysis and visualization: proven ability to structure and run data analysis starting from complex or ambiguous business questions, draw insights and present data to relevant stakeholders in ways that are easy to understand and compelling
- Tech-savvy and intellectually curious, able to quickly and independently learn new technical and non-technical skills
- Strong cross-functional collaboration and project management skills, able to juggle multiple projects and stakeholders simultaneously
Special Sauce* (Nonessential Skills/Nice to Haves)
- Experience in the food or food technology industry
- Experience in high growth technology companies
- Experience in an operations team (sales ops, business ops, GTM ops, revenue ops)
- Experience working with partnership, business development, marketing or accounting teams
- Advanced degree (MBA/MS)
Our Spread* of Total Rewards
We strive to provide competitive compensation and benefits programs that help to attract, retain, and motivate the best and brightest people in our industry. Our total rewards package goes beyond great earnings potential and provides the means to a healthy lifestyle with the flexibility to meet Toasters’ changing needs. Learn more about our benefits at https://careers.toasttab.com/toast-benefits.
*Bread puns encouraged but not required