- CORPORATE OR REMOTE
- LEGAL – PARALEGAL
- FULL TIME
We Are SafeAuto:
- SafeAuto is a thriving insurance company based in Columbus, Ohio.
- For over 25 years, we have continued to provide our customers with engaging customer service and technology that makes insurance easy to understand.
- At SafeAuto, our culture, values, and commitment to diversity define who we are and what we do.
- We strive to provide a culture that is forward-thinking and inclusive.
- Here at SafeAuto, we value providing affordable car insurance to every customer so they can enjoy the road ahead.
The Road Ahead:
- We’re looking for an organized, detail-oriented, and experienced research paralegal to play an important role on our legal team.
- You’ll conduct legal research on a variety of multistate business-related topics, assist with organization and drafting of forms and keep tracking files and other important information neatly organized and easily accessible.
- If you’re interested in advancing your paralegal career with opportunities for growth, we want to hear from you.
The Nuts and Bolts:
- Conduct extensive legal research including the identification of relevant statutes, regulations, and codes, to assist in the analysis and formulation of business requirements and to verify legal compliance.
- Assist and provide a wide-range of legal support and administrative support to three amazingly fun attorneys engaged in corporate and regulatory law.
- Support the Office of the General Counsel in handling legal matters for the company; prepare general correspondence and legal documents; assist with special projects; coordinate departmental administrative matters; maintain corporate records and all files associated with the Office of General Counsel.
- Determine follow up actions and provide status reports.
- Cross-check and validate information provided from various business units within the company.
- Prepare written reports, charts, and spreadsheets that will be utilized by the attorneys.
- Draft legal documents including contracts and legal memoranda.
- Assist attorneys in preparing intra-office correspondence and outside correspondence.
- Review and edit legal forms and documents for accuracy.
- Build and maintain databases and files.
- Coordinate subpoena responses across multiple business units.
- Work with the attorneys on reviewing and monitoring new and updated laws and regulations that affect the company.
- Assist attorneys in maintaining corporate records.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent legal research skills specifically in the areas of relevant statutes, regulations, regulatory bulletins and codes, organizational skills, and time-management skills
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney in a corporate setting or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Prior insurance industry experience is a big plus
- Completion of a nationally-accredited paralegal program strongly preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- MS office experience
Additional Add-Ons and Features:
- research skills
- analytical skills
- critical thinking skills
- planning and organizing
- information monitoring
- strong communication skills
- stress tolerance
- attention to detail and accuracy
- Great comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision
- Paid time off and eight (8) paid holidays so you can visit your family, take a trip, or enjoy a staycation
- 401k with company match
- Rewards for great work – yearly performance-based bonuses
- Opportunity for advancement in a growing company and industry
- Work from home: Spend less time in traffic, spend more time with family!
- Wellness program