- Department Legal
- Employment Type Contract / Temp
- Location United States
- Workplace type Fully remote
- Compensation $56,000 – 65,000 USD/ $60,000 – 66,000 CAD
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. Proud to be a B Corp, we seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, corporates, investors and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world.
Anthesis has clients across all industry sectors and supports some of the world’s largest multinationals such as Amazon, Cisco, The North Face, and Target. The company brings together 1,100+ experts operating in 42 countries around the world and has offices in Andorra, Brazil, Canada, China, Colombia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, the Middle East, the Philippines, Portugal, Spain, South Africa, Sweden, the UK, and the US.
At Anthesis Group, we are truly committed to putting people and our planet at the heart of all we do.
We encourage all employees to contribute their ideas, perspectives, and experiences to help us create an inclusive and equitable workplace. By embracing diversity and providing equal opportunities, we believe we can drive innovation, foster creativity, and achieve our shared goals. So, if you’re ready to be a part of something truly extraordinary, then we want you! Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identify, national origin, age, pregnancy, martial status, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Together, we can continue to build a diverse and inclusive workforce where everyone has an equal opportunity to succeed and thrive.
If you require any reasonable adjustments to be made to your application process, or need this job advert in a different format, just let us know and we’ll be happy to help.
Summary of Role & Key Responsibilities
This is a unique opportunity where are seeking an experienced, highly organized and detail-oriented individual to join our growing and dynamic legal team as a Corporate Paralegal to perform critical work. This position is a 6-month contracted role.
The Corporate Paralegal will offer services in corporate legal and contractual matters and other specific business legal needs under the direction and oversight of Legal Counsel. The paralegal will be working on a wide variety of matters across our organization including those relating to commercial contracts, legal research and analysis, privacy and compliance, intellectual property, and corporate governance. This position will support the in-house attorney, principally working on corporate, litigation, claims or other matters with responsibility for day-to-day activities. The ideal candidate for this position will have excellent communication and technical skills, thrive in a team environment, and work independently with initiative and drive. The Corporate Paralegal will perform the following as well as such other tasks as may be assigned by the company’s Legal Counsel:
- Proofreading, reviewing, preparing, circulating, collecting, and assembling legal agreements, confidentiality agreements, other documents, and correspondence and arrange agreements
- Reviewing and/or drafting, filing, and managing various business entity documents for state agencies & organizational documents, including articles of incorporation or certificate of formation, governing documents, legal documents and obtaining federal EINs.
- Attending meetings, taking notes, and preparing resolutions. Maintain calendar of events and deadlines.
- Renewing and maintaining company and customer permits, licensing, and making federal, state, and local filings.
- Performing legal & factual research, which could include supporting special projects / project management
- Reviewing, tracking, and monitoring legislation, laws, regulations, rulings, and orders that may impact the company’s and its clients’ businesses and updating leadership accordingly
- Assist in the drafting and review of commercial agreements including preparing contracts, using Company templates and forms and creating contract summaries & implementing the changes cross the business
- Manage intake, triage and workflow for the review of commercial contracts and other requests received by the Legal department.
- Confirm contract terms for accuracy and ensure proper department approvals are obtained prior to contract execution.
- Assist with the retention of corporate documents and in maintaining an organized legal document management system.
- Assist with compliance and corporate governance matters including the updating of privacy policies, website terms and conditions and other related documents.
- Assist with due diligence activities related to corporate transactions.
- Set up and maintain matters in case management system, handle incoming mail and service of process.
- Correspond with outside counsel, third parties, and business units.
- Provide legal support to attorneys, including administrative duties and scheduling.
- Act as a liaison between outside counsel, internal departments, and in-house attorneys.
- Create and deliver monthly, quarterly, and annual legal department reports.
- Resolve routine legal issues under the direction of senior staff.
- Coordinate with internal and external parties to ensure timely completion of important items.
Key Requirements & Skills, Knowledge and Expertise
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook, and Microsoft Teams.
- Strong analytical, organizational, time management, and time tracking skills / comfortability working on tight deadlines
- Ability to work with individuals at varying seniority levels / comfortable interacting with c-suite executives
- Ability to understand complex problems, collaborate on solutions, evaluate options & monitor impact
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Solve complex legal/documentation situations with limited guidance.
Knowledge, Skills and Desired Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree and/or paralegal certificate/degree preferred.
- At least 3+ years of paralegal experience working on corporate legal matters, ideally with in-house experience.
- 1-2 years relevant experience in professional services, preferably 2+ years.
- Outstanding written, verbal communication skills and drafting skills, with close attention to detail
- Ability to problem solve and take the initiative.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multitask.
- Must be tech savvy – Familiar with computer security best practices & Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Excel (e.g., data entry, importing data, arithmetic formulas, nested if statements, index matching functions). Attention to detail and an ability to organize and multitask a must.
- Comprehensive understanding of key legal provisions contained in commercial agreements.
- Experience managing and maintaining commercial contracts and other legal documents.
- Ability to prioritize deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Experience with database management software.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, ever-changing company.
- Ability to anticipate and account for complexity with various documents and situations.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively across varied organizational functions.
- Comprehensive and competitive group health, dental, and vision insurance plans for you and your dependents
- FSA (Flexible Spending Account) benefit (US only)
- Anthesis provides 100% Basic and Voluntary Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance benefit.
- In addition, Anthesis covers 100% of Short & LongTerm Disability Insurance benefits.
- Anthesis provides a 3% contribution into retirement plans, and you may elect to contribute more each pay period with a pretax deduction up to a certain cap.
- Anthesis provides Employee Assistance Program and Travel Insurance
- Annual allotment of PTO, in addition to 56 hours of sick leave, paid company paid holidays, and more.
- Work within a highly motivated team in an innovative and rapidly growing global company.
- Opportunity to have a direct impact and be a key part of the growth and development of the business and the team.
- Work collaboratively on projects that have an impact on the sustainability and climate change goals/challenges for clients.
- Opportunity to work alongside of, collaborate with and learn from sustainability Subject Matter Experts (SME) who are passionate about the work they do and the impact Anthesis can have
About Anthesis Group
Anthesis is the sustainability activator. We seek to make a significant contribution to a world which is more resilient and productive. We do this by working with cities, companies, and other organisations to drive sustainable performance. We develop financially driven sustainability strategies, underpinned by technical expertise and delivered by innovative collaborative teams across the world.