Paralegal – Remote
- Requisition Number AMER28082
- Employment Type Full-time
- Location Virtual Office
Zimmer Biomet is a global medical technology leader. Our team members are part of a company with a heritage of leadership, a focus on shaping the future, and a mission dedicated to alleviating pain and improving the quality of life for people around the world.
Responsible for providing paralegal support and assistance to in-house Legal team and coordination with outside legal counsel. Duties include preparation and review of legal documents, document collection and review, coordinating all aspects of project intake and tracking and assuming responsibility for the maintenance of the project files under supervision of counsel.
This position will be expected to accommodate Eastern Time Zone working hours.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist attorneys and other Legal team members in execution of day-to-day Legal matters related to customer contracting in the U.S. and Canada
- Coordinate all aspects of the department’s timely, complete and accurate responses to numerous simultaneous requests in commercial and other project matters
- Coordinate with Legal and contracting team members regarding processes governing the intake, review, and approval of contracts and other legal requests
- Draft correspondence, various commercial agreements, and other related documents as directed with attorney oversight. Prepare initial redline responses.
- Gather, organize, summarize and index documents from various sources
- Review and analyze documents submitted to the Legal department. Organize and maintain files for all projects.
- May perform accurate and timely maintenance of project status documents, noting significant developments or communications as needed
- Create source files of key company documents for use in recurring projects
- Act as liaison with various internal departments and personnel
- Prepare various documents and reports, as needed
Expected Areas of Competence
- Time management skills to handle multiple tasks accurately.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to work in a high-volume, fast-paced, and customer-facing environment.
- Understanding of and willingness to meet the demands of the monthly/quarterly/annual sales cycles.
- Strong analytical skills, with ability to review legal documents and organize numerous legal documents
- Must be detail-oriented; able to manage numerous projects simultaneously to meet deadlines in an atmosphere of frequent interruptions
- Must demonstrate follow-through on assignments, and ability to ensure accuracy and completeness without prompting from supervisors
- Ability to work independently on most assigned tasks
- Knowledgeable of standard office technology and Microsoft Office Suite
- Degree in Paralegal Studies or a minimum of 4 years of applicable experience required
- Paralegal Certificate preferred in lieu of degree in Paralegal Studies
- A minimum of 2+ years of paralegal or similar experience required
Up to 10%
At Zimmer Biomet, we believe in The Power of Us, which means that we are stronger together. We are committed to creating an environment where every team member feels included, respected, empowered, and celebrated.
As a Zimmer Biomet team member, you will share in our commitment to providing mobility and renewed life to people around the world. This is why we offer you a competitive rewards package that includes medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance, wellness incentives, employee assistance programs as well as paid time off for vacation and holidays.
Compensation Range: $ 60000 – 78000