Reimagine the infrastructure of cancer care within a community that values integrity, inspires growth, and is uniquely positioned to create a more modern, connected oncology ecosystem.
We’re looking for a Legal Operations Associate to help us accomplish our mission to improve lives by learning from the experience of every cancer patient. Are you ready to be the next changemaker in cancer care?
What You'll Do
Flatiron’s Legal team practices at the intersection of healthcare, research and technology. We provide legal and strategic support across the entire company, driving our business forward while maintaining high standards for professionalism and compliance.
The position will report to the Director of Legal Operations and work closely with the Legal team and with business stakeholders throughout the company. As our Operations Associate, you will be key in driving daily legal operations as well as strategic projects to improve overall team efficiency and effectiveness.
In this role, you'll manage and support projects across mission-critical subjects involving corporate legal matters, implementation of a contract management system, legal vendor management, and other projects aimed at driving overall efficiency of the Legal team. You must be able to adapt to changing priorities and business needs, and must be proactive in identifying areas of need and generating/implementing action plans. Through these responsibilities, you will directly impact our goal to increase the efficiency, effectiveness, and sustainability of the Legal team.
In addition, you will:
- Drive contract lifecycle management (CLM) to ensure the timely execution of agreements
- Support implementation of new CLM tool across legal and all business units, configuring system and workflows to meet stakeholder needs
- Maintain CLM tool post implementation including, managing license counts, user permissions workflow processes, and new user trainings
- Route contracts for signature as needed and ensure all executed agreements are correctly archived
- Establish reporting to assess CLM KPIs and drive data-driven process improvement
- Identify opportunities for greater efficiency across the Legal team
- Identify and implement tools to streamline practices, as well as manage design, rollout, and training for new systems
- Assist in developing Legal knowledge management systems and practices to preserve and deploy information assets (e.g. organization of Legal team drive and document management processes, etc.)
- Serve as central point of contact for managing, filing and maintaining Legal’s Gdrive, intranet and advice repository
- Provide project management support for team-wide or company-wide projects
- Work cross-functionally to define project goals, develop and manage end-to-end project plans, and ensure a sense of urgency and timely delivery
- Drive forward projects and communicate progress and decisions clearly and regularly to stakeholders, escalating concerns as necessary
- Support general Legal team operations, including:
- Monitor and report on key operational metrics for the department
- Coordinate continuing education opportunities for Legal team members
- Provide administrative support (e.g., manage legal subscriptions, scheduling project-based or Legal team meetings, circulating Docusigns, taking minutes, consolidating feedback, etc.)
- Assist with budgeting and managing outside vendor usage and spend, including outside counsel
- Support legal-wide meetings and off-sites including planning agendas and materials as well as taking meeting minutes
Who You Are
You're a kind, passionate and collaborative problem-solver who values the opportunity to think beyond the way things are. In addition, you’re a detail-oriented, data driven, resourceful thinker, experienced in legal or business operations, who loves working cross-functionally with a wide variety of stakeholders. You have robust problem solving and project management skills with demonstrated success in driving forward highly complex processes across broad sets of stakeholders with multiple dependencies, adapting to change along the way.
- You have 2+ years of experience in legal or general business operations
- You are process- and detail-oriented with ability to identify workflow problems and assess operational effectiveness
- You are action and results oriented, with demonstrated ability to make things happen, keep projects on track, drive change, and maintain accountability and relationships with stakeholders
- You are able to synthesize key takeaways or learnings from multiple sources to enable decision making
- You have demonstrated ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- You are a strong and clear communicator (written and verbal)
- You have sound judgment and discretion, with the ability to properly handle confidential and sensitive information
- You have experience in developing, implementing, and using legal department technology solutions, e.g., e-billing and matter management, G-suite programs (Gmail, Google docs, etc.), redlining software, Ironclad/CLM software and Docusign e-signature
- You have experience (i) as a paralegal within a law firm or in-house primarily supporting a legal department, (ii) in management consulting, or (iii) in tech
- You have experience with law firm or in-house knowledge management policies and information management platforms
Where you’ll work
In this hybrid role, you’ll have a defined work location that includes work from home and 2-3 office days set by you and your team with the option of being Flex or Office. For more information on our approach to hybrid work as well as our work type options, please visit the how we work website.
Life at Flatiron
At Flatiron Health, we offer a full range of benefits to support you and your loved ones so you can focus your working hours on improving cancer care and accelerating cancer research, and your non-working hours on everything else life has to offer:
- Work/life autonomy via flexible work hours and flexible paid time off
- Comprehensive compensation package
- 401(k) contribution to help you reach your retirement planning goals
- Financial health resources including 1:1 financial advice
- Mental well-being tools and services
- Parental benefits and policies including family-building care and generous leave
- Path to parenthood programs supporting fertility, adoption and surrogacy
- Travel support for safe healthcare services
- Lifestyle spending account for perks that make sense for you and your family
In addition to our robust benefit offerings, visit our Life at Flatiron page to learn how we support continuous learning through professional development programs and celebrate Diversity in the workplace.