REQ#: RQ72321Travel Required: 25-50% Requisition Type: Regular
Provides network administration and engineering support for agency enterprise network solutions. The candidate is expected to provide network administration for the Local Area Network (LAN) in order to administer management solutions to ensure effective daily operations and to resolve problems as they arise. Work may be performed remotely, but candidates within one hour of Fort Belvoir VA, Columbus OH, Richmond VA, or New Cumberland PA are preferred. Travel varies depending on customer requirements, but can be expected to be 50%. Travel duration is also dependent on customer requirements, but typical travel ranges from two days to two weeks in duration.Duties and Required Capabilities Include:
- Identify high level design requirements for the backbone to include redundancy, maintainability and disaster recovery requirements.
- Identify the detailed design requirements for the backbone to include server locations, user locations, projected traffic flows between devices, layer three devices and layer four protocols (Transmission Control Protocol).
- Design, implement, and sustain solutions to include the following:
- Overall topology (switch interconnection locations, Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) scenarios, etc.).
- Layer two design: spanning tree, trunking, speeds.
- Operational Information: node addressing, server addressing (if changes are required).
- QoS (Quality of Service)
- Wireless LAN.
- 802.1x - protocols and appliances
- DNS/DHCP appliances
- Wireless Intrusion Detection (WIDS)
- Develop and implement Fail-over solutions.
- Troubleshoot and support existing production networking infrastructure (Cisco routers and switches) as well as newly installed technologies. On-call duty will be required.
- Creation of lab environment for scenario simulation, testing and training.
- Knowledge transfer to the NTS-LAN government employee staff and/ or contract personnel supporting the current contract.
- Support network monitoring tools not limited to but including Hewlett Packard Enterprise Openview, Network Automation, Network Node Manager i, Concord eHealth, WhatsUp Gold, Solar Winds, including commands, scripts and utilities.
- Install, configure and maintain networking hardware and software for the DLA, Information Operations, Enterprise Network Infrastructure.
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting, administering, configuring and maintaining the following:
- Enterasys, Brocade, and/or Cisco Catalyst and Nexus network hardware and software.
- INFOBLOX Grid Manager
- Pulse Secure IC Series Unified Access Control Appliance
- Great Bay Beacon Server
- Cisco Access Control Servers (ACS)
- Cisco Prime, Wireless Controllers and access points
- Network sniffer technologies, including WildPackets, OmniPeek, NetScout InfiniStream
- Network Management Software, including HPE Network Automation (NA), HPE Network Node Manager (NMNi), Concord eHealth, RedSeal, NetSight, Wildpackets, Solarwinds/Orion, SecureCRT
- Knowledgeable in troubleshooting, administering, and maintaining the following:
- Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI model) Layers 1-7
- Network Protocols, including IPv6 and IPv4 (TCP, UDP, ICMP, IGMP, ARP, AH, ESP, VRRP)
- IEEE Standards: 802.1x, 802.1Q, 802.1s, 802.1D, 802.1W, 802.1ax, 802.3, 802.11
- Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting Protocols, including TACACS+ and RADIUS
Minimum of Two (2) years of progressive technology and network engineering experience.
Clearance: Active Secret with SSBI or Top Secret.
- IAT II certified (one of the following): Security+CE, CCNA Security (Recently Retired), GISCP, GSEC or SSCP
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA)
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the job done.
GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected class. - provided by Dice