Job Title: Senior Network & VoIP Engineer
Remote work or onsite, either possible
This is a customer facing role, working with a diverse breadth of technologies. This position participates in company-wide initiatives and serves as the lead Project Coordinator for all customer and internal projects. This position requires a strong background in: Technical Project Management, Networking, Security and VoIP technologies. The position provides primary engineering and support of roughly 50% Networking, 40% VoIP systems and 10% Cyber Security.
Network & Security Engineering & Operations
- Design, plan, implement and maintain the processes, procedures and operational management associated with business continuity, security and risk management for datacenter and customer networks.
- Recommend, design, plan, implement, commission and maintain datacenter & customer network and security infrastructures, software and configurations (LAN, WAN, VPN, WLAN).
- Provide strategic planning in terms of best practice, cost management, potential products/services and application of emerging technologies.
- Recommend & design improvements for network performance, capacity and scalability of datacenter.
- Create, oversee and test network security measures, including scheduling and conducting quality audits.
- Maintain professional standards of Datacenters facilities (order, docs, rack security, KVM/KMM, etc.).
- Pre-sales support and business case development & evaluation in support of proposed initiatives.
VoIP Systems Engineering & Support
- Design, deploy, maintain and support customer VoIP environments. Core technologies: 3CX, Fonality, CentOS, Asterisk, Polycom, Yealink.
Customer Service and Issue Resolution
- Maintain a timely and efficient response to customer requests for service and support. Document details of incidents in ticketing system. Coordinate with appropriate individuals at the client site.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose network problems and determine the most appropriate means of resolving.
- Provide after-hours support and maintenance of networks & associated infrastructures on a rotating basis.
- Responsible for daily tracking of time spent on support and internal/external projects.
Monitoring and Maintenance
- Manage, deploy, improve upon, maintain and support the systems required to monitor and maintain data center and customer infrastructures.
- Analyze, evaluate and monitor network infrastructures and perform the updates, upgrades, enhancements and preventive maintenance required for optimal performance and stability.
- Automate tasks and monitor their effectiveness.
Documentation: Operating Procedures, Policies and Technical
- Create, improve and maintain technical documentation pertinent to the successful administration, management and troubleshooting of data center, network and security systems and applications.
- Prepare technical reports, reference documentation, Visio diagrams, and technical manuals as necessary.
- Create and maintain documentation related to policy creation, design, management and compliance.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience:
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field required.
- Cisco CCNP certification required, CCIE certification highly preferred.
- SolarWinds Network Tools: Experience deploying, configuring and managing is required.
- Minimum 8 years Industry Related Experience as a Senior Network Engineer with Demonstrated experience in the following areas required, to include analysis, design, consulting, implementation and support of:
- Networking/Security: Firewalls, Routing, Security, Switching, LAN/WAN design, VPN and technologies.
Core Manufacturers include: Cisco, Cisco Meraki, FortiNet/FortiGate, Mellanox, Ruckus, Xirrus, Netgear.
- VoIP Systems: VoIP PBX server systems, phones and peripherals. Linux, CentOS and Asterisk skills preferred.
Core Manufacturers include: Fonality, CentOS, Asterisk, Polycom, Yealink.
- Solid background in network administration and design architecture with experience with network diagnostic, monitoring and analysis tools.
- Design and implementation experience for change, incident and problem management processes (ITIL based).
- Ability to use MS Excel, Word & Visio to document and diagram networking designs & concepts is required.
- In-depth understanding of communication and routing protocols (e.g. BGP, OSPF, MPLS, QoS)
- Familiarity with access control models and network security.
- Microsoft Server & Desktop Systems administration and troubleshooting experience is a plus.
- provided by Dice