The Technical Application Specialist combines strong analysis and problem-solving skills with business knowledge to support and facilitate the troubleshooting of NetSuite, Shopify, and business applications. Responsibilities include analyzing business processes and procedures; proposing appropriate solutions and improvement; ensuring end users are trained on proper utilization of the software; troubleshooting NetSuite and Shopify system issues; backing up Helpdesk Coordinator. Strong administrator knowledge of NetSuite and Shopify required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Analyzes prospective NetSuite and Shopify applications, workflows, and scripts to ensure alignment with business requirements.
- Acts as a go-between for end users and the Information Technology team to facilitate communication.
- Guides company through new NetSuite product updates and developments.
- Maintains NetSuite/Shopify records, plans, reports, and other related documentation.
- Tests NetSuite/Shopify products and uses customer information and feedback to implement improvements.
- Interfaces with users to ensure satisfaction and understanding of the product through discussion, NetSuite documentation, and training.
- Explores new NetSuite/Shopify updates and interacts with vendor to determine their compatibility with Precept.
- Occasionally backs up Helpdesk Coordinator when needed for first-level support issues
- Writes reports as needed for NetSuite users
- Updates NetSuite scripts as needed
- Troubleshoots and Tests NetSuite issues/upgrades with NetSuite, Salesforce, and Shopify systems
- Arrives in a timely fashion to be ready and prepared to begin work at the scheduled time, including breaks and meal periods.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand and translate business problems and requirements into viable solutions through changes in processes, procedures, training, documentation or application additional features and/or modifications.
- Proven ability to work in a constantly changing environment while possessing empathy for others in a balanced work environment.
- Proven ability to work as leader and follower on cross-functional teams utilizing delegation skills and following up on the completion of tasks. Utilizes performance review process as a mechanism to achieve goals.
- Ability and willingness to listen and understand, provide solutions, and reconsider positions. Handles the giving and receiving of instruction and criticism with professional ethics, tact, and courtesy as well as the flexibility to seek and incorporate input of others into a solid plan of action.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Professional ethics, tact, and courtesy in dealing with employees, constituents, and general public.
- A general knowledge of networking, information security, telecommunications, administrative systems, web technologies and user support services.
- Strong analytical and reasoning abilities. Comfortable in performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with normal activities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines.
- Proven analytical experience with high aptitude for research, analysis and problem-solving skills.
- Proficiency in NetSuite/Shopify. NetSuite scripting knowledge a plus.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
Associates Degree in IT related field or business experience equivalent. 5+ years' experience in customer service or a business environment using NetSuite; strong customer orientation. Experience with Shopify is a plus
Applicants for this opportunity must have an unrestricted right to work in the United States.
[Persons in H-l, L-l, and OPTstatus do not have unrestricted right to work.]
For immediate response please forward resumes to
Sr. IT Recruiter
For a list of our current openings please visit Valintry's Jobs Webpage - provided by Dice