We are a recognised leader in the Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) field, having acted as consultant, designer and systems and software developers on projects with local and national highway and transport organisations, in the UK and overseas. Our professionals bring expertise across the broad spectrum from policy development and concept design, through software and systems development to operations and maintenance. The firm has significant experience in the fields of strategy and policy, traffic management and network operation, traveller information systems, data analysis, ticketing and smart cards, tolling and security.
Our team includes software and web developers, user interface designers, database developers and administrators and test and release engineers supported by project managers and ITS professionals. We offer training, support and career development for all our staff within their relevant fields of expertise. Equally we appreciate the value to our staff and the firm in developing cross disciplines skills and gaining experience across all areas of our business.
We are seeking a .NET software developer to join our Intelligence sector team. The successful candidates must have strong technical skills with an open mind to emerging development techniques and technologies, they will have a willingness to learn and apply their knowledge and experience in making informed design and architectural decisions with the ability to communicate those decisions and build consensus within the wider team.
IBI Group have developed a tablet application that links to an external camera and GPS device, to record video and GPS in a synchronised manner. The application is used to tag road defects by inspection crews. The successful applicant will take this application to the next phase, adding new functionality to what is already a working device, such as linking to an external database application and visualisation system. Working from a minimum viable product specification, the developer will work with IBI staff, including developers to build this application.
Duties and Responsibilities:
* Coding in .NET, particularly C# and .NET Core (.NET 5)
* Analysis, design, development and debugging of systems and applications
* Work with software developers, project managers and client operations teams to produce, enhance and maintain applications, systems and websites
* Take the demonstrator application to a fully tested and signed off product
* Research new technologies for eventual implementation in enhancing systems, web applications and websites
* Participate in the overall functioning of the development team using industry standards and best practices
* Developing technical specifications
* Configuration of continuous integration and deployments