National Account Manager
Location: Home Based
Competitive package + half day on Fridays
- Come join Alexander Dennis. We are transforming public transport globally by designing, manufacturing, and servicing the cleanest and greenest buses and coaches for our customers.
- In a nutshell, we build buses and coaches. In fact, more than half of the buses you see on the roads in the UK are built by Alexander Dennis. We have a huge responsibility to keep the world moving.
- We are saving the planet. Our purpose is to support globally with the push to reduce pollution and improve air quality by building greener, more eco-friendly buses.
- We love our customers. So much so, almost every bus we build is bespoke – what the customer wants, we will do our best to deliver.
- We have a fantastic Canadian parent company called NFI. They welcomed us into the family in 2019, and we haven’t looked back since.
- We are building back and growing again, winning new orders in Germany and Ireland which will be manufactured right here in the UK.
- Our global footprint is pretty impressive. We have a presence in some super cool places across the world from Hong Kong to Auckland to Toronto.
- Our people are our biggest asset, making us the hugely successful company we are. We are transforming how we work, offering team members more flexibility around how they live and work.
We are looking for a National Account Manager to join our highly successful UK Sales team. In this position, your number one priority will be to develop and manage positive relationships with our customers to achieve long term success. You will be responsible for generating new sales using existing and potential customer networks.
This is an excellent opportunity for a professional with extensive sales experience. This is a unique opportunity to be coached and mentored by the Fleet Sale Director. A perfect role for someone with a desire to develop in a dynamic environment and a passion for delivering and exceeding customer expectations.
What does that mean for you?
- Generous salary package – we reward our people at the level they deserve.
- A half day on a Friday. Yes, every Friday. Giving you more time at the weekend to do the things you love, with the people you love.
- A 37-hour working week, with flexible working options, giving you that much needed work/life balance.
- Annual leave entitlement which increases with tenure.
- Pension scheme to help you save for the future.
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme which offers practical, impartial support on issues impacting your life.
- Cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership, and regular meditation sessions as your health and wellbeing is important to us.
Interested and want to find out more? Check out our YouTube channel or LinkedIn!
Your Dream Role:
- Your number one priority will be to manage a portfolio of accounts, specifically focussed on the Large independent and Municipal bus operators based in the UK.
- This position will predominantly be based from home, with regular travel to meet customers.
- You will manage and develop new and existing relationships with our customers to achieve long-term success.
- You will act as the main point of contact for your customers, ensuring their needs are always met and exceeded.
- Generating new business using existing and potential customer networks will form a key part of your position.
- You will resolve any customer issues by providing solutions in a timely manner.
- Regularly report to Fleet Sales Director the status of accounts and transactions.
- Set and track sales account targets which are aligned with company objectives (e.g. quarterly sales results and annual forecasts).
- Research new growth opportunities using publicly available information and attend relevant industry events to expand your network.
- You will improve sales performance by identifying opportunities for growth, and actioning accordingly.
What you will bring:
- To be successful, you will have experience in a relevant sales/customer management position.
- Experience in large tenders/bid process, with a broad mix of Business Development and Key Account Management skills.
- You will have extensive experience in a technology focused industry, preferably automotive or zero-emission sales environment.
- You will have hands-on experience in sales and will be passionate about delivering an exceptional level of customer service.
- Experience with CRM software and proficiency in MS Office (particularly Excel) is preferred.
- You will strive to provide an excellent level of service by delivering projects and answering customer enquiries on time.
- You will be confident and won’t shy away from presenting route analysis and TCO calculations regularly to a range of internal and external stakeholders.
- You will have a can-do attitude, approaching problems with a positive attitude and a high level of tenacity.
- Due to the nature of the role, it is essential that you have excellent communication and strong interpersonal skills, being able to independently build relationships with both customers and senior internal stakeholders.
If this sounds like you, and you’re interested in coming ‘aboard’, then we would love to hear from you. Alongside uploading your CV, please share a short covering letter detailing why you’re interested and why we should hire you!
*Recommend a Friend is applicable for this role.
If you are an internal applicant, you have a responsibility to inform your current line/department manager and local human resources representative before applying for the role.
We care deeply about being inclusive and we encourage applications from people with diverse backgrounds and experiences.
Due to the volume of vacancies and applications, we would prefer that you submit your application online. If however, you require an alternative method of applying, please give us call on +44 1324 621 672 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
As this role is unlikely to meet UKVI criteria for sponsorship under the skilled worker route, you will be required to have the right to work in the UK from the proposed commencement date.