Bloomberg is a leading provider of financial benchmarks and custom index services. We offer an innovative perspective on the traditional world of indexing, providing independent and unbiased indices that are broadly available. With expertise in capital markets, technology, data, pricing, analytics, distribution and research, our indices provide the global investment community with comprehensive solutions to fulfil their benchmarking needs across Fixed Income, Equity, Commodity, Cross-Asset, Crypto, Index-Linked and ESG. We also provide an array of services to clients interested in custom index development, investable index products designed to offer access to systematic strategies (beta, "smart" beta, and alpha), index administration and calculation agent services. What's the Role?
You'll be joining a highly motivated and successful Multi-Asset Index team that sits within our Core Financial Product Group. Our Multi-Asset Product Development analysts work on the team responsible for idea generation across our Multi-Asset Index business comprised of Bloomberg's Equity, Commodity, Currency, Strategy and Alternatives Indices. You will be responsible for developing these ideas, and working across functions to turn them into new index products. You will work to create our index story across the diverse asset classes and work with the Bloomberg Index team to meet our clients' needs on new product development. You will be expected to regularly interact with clients and work closely with our Sales team in nurturing client relationships and continually advocating new ideas to Bloomberg's clients.
You'll adapt your communication style according to your audience and be equally adept at collaborating closely with colleagues across multiple teams as well as presenting to clients and soliciting feedback. You'll be comfortable in working with large data sets and have a gift in extracting meaningful intelligence to drive innovation and product direction. You'll also have great interpersonal skills as they are essential in order to effectively collaborate with other internal teams and engage with clients. You'll be someone with the ability to approach challenges with creativity and enthusiasm; someone who has the courage to take positions advocating change and then deliver.
Regarding domain expertise, you'll have a deep knowledge of the institutional asset management industry, understand index trends, regulation and understand what our customers need. You will most probably have acquired this knowledge whilst working on product development for new investment vehicles in past roles with index structuring desks, asset managers or index providers.
You'll be expected to influence product vision and then execute on that vision. This may include product design, exploring strategic partnerships, and always delivering effective internal and external information. We'll trust you to:
You'll need to have:
- Contribute meaningfully to the creation of new index ideas and guiding the business' approach to new product development
- Communicate the product vision within Bloomberg and build consensus among the senior leadership team
- Work across Bloomberg to collaborate on new product design with our research, engineering and index production teams
- Design complex index methodologies, build financial models to back-test and develop strategy indices
- Assess clients portfolio needs and translate them into index-based solutions
If this sounds like you:
- 7+ years of index industry experience
- Experience in the asset management, structuring, or index product space directly related to turning ideas into indices and indices into products
- A strong academic background in one of analytical and technical degrees including, but not limited to: Finance, Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Physics, Statistics or Economics
- Hands on product experience, preferably from an index or research background in systematic trading strategies
- Deep knowledge of the Equity asset class and at least another between Commodities, Forex, Interest Rates and Credit
- Experience in portfolio theory, multi asset allocation models and a proven track record in building strategies
- A good knowledge of financial markets, securities and derivatives
- Experience in building financial models with Python, and ideally with R
- Excellent analytical capabilities working with large data sets, to aid in solving non-routine problems in a timely fashion with keen attention to detail
- A broad understanding of the index industry including key products, business dynamics, economic drivers, and critical connectivity partners across key market sub-segments
- Strong marketing skills with a point of view on product positioning and product adoption
- Ability to develop thorough, integrated, commercially sound business plans
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, capable of building enthusiastic support for new business ideas
- Deep understanding of regulations on financial indices and day-to-day governance determinations on index events
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/professional
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.