If you are a mortgage underwriter looking to work remote for one of the top companies in the industry, please apply today or email me at .
What You Will Be Doing
- Assures that all mortgage loan files are underwritten (within level of authority) in compliance with secondary market guidelines, specific program guidelines, credit union policies, and regulatory requirements.
- Reviews and evaluates loans to ensure data integrity of the loan files.
- Monitors daily mortgage pipeline to identify areas that require intervention in order to expedite the mortgage process and takes action accordingly.
- Works with outside vendors and service providers to facilitate the loan process.
- Supports and fulfills Management requests related to audit preparation, sale preparation and HMDA reporting.
- Functions as a business lead on departmental or organization wide projects. Contributes expertise in his/her assigned area and executes certain deliverables on the project.
- Actively works with management and staff seeking process improvements to automate and/or streamline operations and maintain adequate controls.
- Promotes and maintains a positive work atmosphere by communicating in a manner consistent with professional standards to work effectively with members, co-workers, management, partners and vendors.
- Keeps abreast of industry developments including, but not limited to changes in regulations and technology.
What You Need for this Position
- Direct Endorsement Certification (DE)
- Lender Appraisal Program (LAPP)
- Staff Appraisal Reviewer (SAR)
- 4+ years of underwriting experience at a credit union, bank or other financial institution.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects/duties.
- Results driven, service oriented, self-motivated and able to work independently.
- Detailed knowledge of secondary market guidelines.
- Some knowledge of regulatory guidelines and issues.
- Trustworthy with the ability to maintain highest level of integrity and trust.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Related experience with loan origination systems.
What's In It for You
Top pay and bonus structure, medical/dental/vision, 401K, career advancement
So, if you are a Mortgage Underwriter looking to work Remote for one of the top mortgage companies, please apply today or email me at !Email Your Resume In Word To
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : AE2- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Abel Echemendia - Executive Recruiter - Optello
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.Optello is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
Optello will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.