---This position is open to all applicants in the states of Texas and Colorado---
Founded in Austin Texas in 2016, we are built on a platform of service. Service to our clients, and service to our team. We adopted an innovative process of underwriting loans up-front that allows us to close loans in ten days. This creates an extra measure of value to our borrowers and our referral partners that sets us apart in the industry. Our strength lies in our communication, our relationships, and our execution.
The Underwriter is primarily responsible, under intermittent to infrequent supervision, for underwriting conventional, FHA, VA, USDA, new construction, and jumbo according to company, secondary market investor, and government agency standards. This includes ensuring all tax, title, insurance, and closing documentation associated with the loan applications are accurate and complete and approving or denying loan applications based on compliance with underwriting standards and risk management factors.
Top Reasons to Work with Us
- 100% Remote!
- Competitive Salary!
- Great Benefits and Company Culture!
What You Will Be Doing
- Underwrite purchases, refinances, and preapproval requests.
- Analyze loan documents (credit reports, income documentation, tax returns, assets, appraisal reports, title reports, insurance documents, fraud prevention products, purchase contracts, etc.) for accuracy and completeness and deliver valid credit decisions.
- Must be detailed in loan approval rationale including income and asset calculations clearly noted.
- Conduct timely review and clearing of conditions/stipulations on files returned for review.
- Provide timely and thorough responses to individual prefunding audits, investor audits, and Review Desk responses to declines.
- Maintain company turn time expectations.
- Maintain current level of knowledge on all requirements by consistently researching and reviewing the applicable guidelines, program updates, credit overlays, and changes.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management and supervisor.
- Comply with federal, state, and company policies, procedures, laws, and regulations.
What You Need for this Position
Minimum 3 years of residential mortgage underwriting conventional, FHA, VA, or Bond Program loans, jumbo, or permanent/one-time close loans.
- DE certification and CHUMS preferred but to required.
- Experience working with Fannie Mae Desktop Underwriter and Freddie Mac Loan Prospector.
- Knowledge of mortgage loan processing, compliance, investor products, and underwriting guidelines.
- Knowledge of mortgage insurance (MI) guidelines.
- Working knowledge of various fraud tools.
- Familiarity with Ellie Mae Encompass is a plus.
- Encompass experience preferred.
What's In It for You
Competitive base salary ($85,000-$100,000 without Certs up to $110,000 with Certs) plus a per file bonus) and overall compensation package
- Remote Work- Medical, Dental, Vision, TeleMedicine
- Flexible Spending Account, Dependent Care FSA
- Basic Life and AD&D Insurance, Voluntary Life and AD&D
- Long-Term Disability
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off-in addition to Volunteer PTO
- 401k Retirement Plan and Match
- $1,000 Referral Bonus
So, if this sounds like yourself, we'd love to hear from you!Either
- Apply directly to this job opening here!
Email Your Resume In Word To
- E-mail directly for more information to
Looking forward to receiving your resume through our website and going over the position with you. Clicking apply is the best way to apply, but you may also:
- Please do NOT change the email subject line in any way. You must keep the JobID: linkedin : PS2- -- in the email subject line for your application to be considered.***
Patrick Solano - Sr. Executive Recruiter - CyberCoders
Applicants must be authorized to work in the U.S.CyberCoders, Inc is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.Your Right to Work
- In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
CyberCoders will consider for Employment in the City of Los Angeles qualified Applicants with Criminal Histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box) Ordinance.