About Guaranteed Rate:
We're Guaranteed Rate, the 3rd-largest retail mortgage company in the U.S.-and aiming to be #1. We're dedicated to the idea that belief makes anything possible. In 21 years we've gone from start-up to funding more than $100 billion in a single year. Our family is 15,000 people driven to making getting a mortgage the easiest part of the homebuying process. We hire the best people and have the industry's best technology. (We invented the Digital Mortgage and work every day to create more leading-edge tech). Our HQ is in Chicago, but we're in every state in more than 850 offices, working to make the dream of homeownership a reality for tens of thousands of people every year. Believe you'd be perfect here? We believe it too, and would love to hear from you.
What's the Role?
We are currently seeking a hard-working, dedicated Underwriter to join our innovative and passionate team.
* As an Underwriter you will be responsible for but not limited to the underwriting of residential loans ensuring compliance with appropriate company and investor standards
* A Mortgage Underwriter will be responsible for examining loan documentations for accuracy and completeness while working with loan originator or production staff to secure all required documents
* Mortgage Underwriters may be involved in one or several types of mortgage lending (conventional, government-backed, etc.)
* You may be required to work with more senior mortgage underwriters on loan exceptions having the authority to withdraw and decline loans
* You may also be required to respond directly to individual and investor audits
* Includes all levels of underwriting authority and exception levels
* 5+ years of mortgage underwriting experience
* 3+ years of FHA/VA, Conventional, and USDA/RD underwriting experience
* Experience with underwriting to multiple lender guidelines and requirements
* Knowledge of Fannie Mae/DU and Freddie Mac/LP guidelines and automated underwriting systems
* Critically examine credit, income and asset documents and review title policy and appraisals
* Encompass and GUS experience are preferred
Guaranteed Rate is an Equal Opportunity Employer that welcomes and encourages all applicants to apply regardless of age, race, sex, religion, color, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital or parental status, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy or other reason, as protected by law. #LI-KK1