Job Ref: 13572
Remote Mortgage Underwriter
Our client is offering a competitive compensation package for a mortgage underwriter! This is a remote role and can be anywhere in the USA.
Ideal candidate will have ACTIVE DE and SAR Certifications. Client will help candidate get SAR Certification if needed.
Experience in Encompass LOS is a MUST.
Experience in loan types: Conventional, FHA, VA, and USDA
Must be used to high volume
Role is responsible to review and evaluate residential mortgage loans to ensure underwriting standards are met. The underwriter approves or rejects loans within established guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Reviews and evaluates information on mortgage loan documents to determine if buyer, property and loan conditions meet established investor standards for all conventional loans and private investor loans.
· Determines terms and acceptability of risk of prospective business.
· Ensures compliance with industry standards, state and federal laws and disclosure requirements.
· Records all conditions required for final approval and signs off.
· Records all reasons for denied loans.
· Follows all applicable laws and regulations.
· Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
· 2+ years of Mortgage Loan Underwriting experience required
· Encompass LOS experience strongly preferred
· Advanced knowledge of mortgage documentation, products, and procedures
· Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
· Equipped to handle high volume
For more jobs like this
Please download our app today to easily participate in our referral program, stay up to date on our latest open positions, quickly communicate with us, and be the first to get updates." Apple IOS | Android