Join the team that's changing the mortgage industry. Interfirst Mortgage Company (IMC) is a retail & wholesale lender originating more than $35B of residential mortgages. Our leadership team has over 100 years of mortgage, sales/marketing, and consumer-related experience, with a 2020 business objective to grow our Retail production. We are transforming the way consumers obtain residential mortgages and our technology is paving the way for licensed loan officers to shine. Our new, modern HQ in Rosemont is located near major transportation hubs, entertainment, and dining options and includes the latest tech and amenities.
Our IMC team is growing! The Mortgage Loan Funding Specialist reports to the Funding Manager and is primarily responsible for reviewing all final loan documentation for funding. This role will interact with Attorneys, Title Companies, Brokers, Closers, Underwriters, Processors, Loan Officers and Account Executives.Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Review all loan documents for completeness and accuracy
- Assure error free documentation prior to distribution of funds
- Review Closing Disclosure to ensure correct loan settlement
- Review and clear Underwriting conditions as needed.
- Deal proactively with all parties involved in the loan closing to avoid and/or resolve problems at closing
- Cure deficiencies
- Meet performance requirements for volume, quality, and timelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Education & Experience:
Preferred, But Not Required
- High School Diploma or equivalent and 2 years or more of mortgage funding, CTC or Post Closing or Processing experience with a lender
- Knowledge of TRID is required
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- 4 year college degree preferred
- Mortgage funding experience in multiple states strongly preferred
- Prior experience using Google platform
- Exceptional Customer Service skills
- Strong sense of urgency and ownership
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high volume environment
- High degree of attention to detail
- Proactive and timely communication to business partners
Remote responsibilities available. Within a remote working environment it is expected that employees are readily accessible throughout the business day, responding quickly to email, chat, phone, and other communications.
Interfirst is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. You will be considered for this position based upon your experience and education, without regard to race, color, religion, sex, ethnicity, national origin, age, sexual orientation, ancestry, marital or parental status, disabled, military or veteran status, or any other basis or reason prohibited by any applicable law. We are committed to creating and maintaining a workforce environment that is free from any form of discriminations or harassment.