REMOTE Mortgage Underwriter
This Jobot Job is hosted by Lisa Madison
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary $80,000 - $120,000 per yearA Bit About Us
Our client is a very well-established and constantly growing wholesale and retail lender with a big name and tremendous reputation in the industry! This incredibly successful team is lead by seven very experienced Executives that made it through the good times and the bad.
They have a diversified portfolio of products including Conventional, FHA, VA and NONI however 65% of their business today consists of Non-QM loans. With a stellar support staff of in-house operations including their Underwriters, they maintain a very high level of file integrity and their funding ration is well above average.
Why join us?
$100,000.00 reasons!!!!!!!! Excellent benefits with various plans! Start first of the month following start date! Employee of the month winners with a chance of one winner winning $100K!!!!!!!!! What can you do with $100K???? Growth, stable, REMOTE positions!!!Job Details
DE or SAR underwriters needed. Responsible for evaluating risk, layered risk, program guideline accuracy, collateral review and making appropriate loan decisions based on established underwriting guidelines, credit philosophy, information and documentation provided in moderately complex loan files. Work under immediate supervision and report to Manager, Director or VP of department.Essential Functions
- Adhere to general work requirements
- Review moderately complex applications for completeness and update data in LOS to ensure data integrity
- Work with internal and external partners to clear conditions in a timely manner
- Analyze and review documentation in file to verify accuracy of application and support underwriting decision
- Calculate income based on tax returns and/or other income documents in file
- Review and confirm assets in file
- Review and analyze appraisals, preliminary title work and purchase contracts
- Make moderately complex loan decisions based on the overall worthiness of the borrower, layering of risk and all program requirements and issue loan approvals, suspensions, counter offers or denials
- Identify quality concerns and red flags and validate accuracy of associated risk to the borrower or property/collateral profile
- Communicate decisions (written and verbal) to all parties (specifically brokers and sales partners as appropriate) and build relationships with both internal and external partners
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Strong analytical skills
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to provide outstanding customer service in fast-paced environment
- Proficient working knowledge of computerized applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database, presentation software, email and specialized business applications software
- Presentation skills necessary to effectively communicate, update, persuade and/or facilitate discussions with all levels of management
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, other business areas and government agencies as required
- Planning and organizational skills necessary to coordinate workload around multiple assignments
- Familiarity with DU/LP AUS and LOS systems and Data Trac
- FHA DE designation preferred
- VA SAR designation preferred
- Familiarity with Encompass
Please send your resume today to win 100K!!!!!!
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.