Be A Part of our Team!
Join a working family that is dedicated to the mission of the work we do!
Teaching Strategies is an innovative edtech organization focused on connecting teachers, children, and families. As front runners in the early childhood education market, we build dynamic, top-quality digital products that integrate all of the essential elements of a high-quality solution: curriculum, assessment, professional development, and family engagement. Position overview
Teaching Strategies is looking for a highly talented, innovative, and creative Mobile Software Engineer to join its technology team. We are looking for engineers that want to make a real impact in early childhood education. Our platform is evolving, so you need to be someone who can build new functionality and learn new technologies quickly as well as be able to maintain and extend existing code to support organizational needs.
Our Software Engineering team is responsible for building out SaaS and mobile solutions used by educational organizations across the globe. The team works on a wide variety of projects, solving existing problems and enabling new business objectives. We believe that great technology experts are also software generalists who are unafraid to jump up and down the stack to solve the problems that come our way. If you thrive in a fast-paced environment, working on software that supports millions of users daily, then you have an opportunity to join the technology group at Teaching Strategies. Specific roles and responsibilities:
- Develops new and maintains existing iOS and Android mobile applications in a cross-platform framework to support organizational growth
- Participates in planning, analysis, and design of new software solutions
- Investigates troubleshootsand remediesperformance bottlenecks in the application flow
- Learnsnew technologies and keepsup with both traditional and emerging best practices
- Worksindependently and collaborateswith other members of the team to ensure successful delivery of projects
Why Teaching Strategies:
- Teaching Strategies is a federal government contractor and thus requires that all employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless the employee is entitled to accommodation for reasons related to a medical condition, disability, or sincerely held religious belief. Qualified applicants must comply with this vaccine policy as a condition of employment.
- 5 + years of production experience in software engineering and mobile application development
- Experience developing and maintaining mobile applications for iOS and Android
- Experience with React Native and/or Appcelerator Titanium for mobile development
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect iOS applications to back-end services
- Excellent debugging and testing skills and interest to quickly learn new technologies
- Experience with Agile methodology and software development
- Commitment to following security and performance best practices
- Strong sense of collaboration, teamwork, and accountability
- Familiarity with AWS and Google Cloud Platform is a plus
At Teaching Strategies, our solutions and services are only as strong as the teams that create them. By bringing passion, dedication, and creativity to your job every day, there's no telling what you can do and where you can go! We provide a competitive compensation and benefits package, flexible work schedules, opportunities to engage with co-workers, access to career advancement and professional development opportunities, and the chance to make a difference in the communities we serve.
Let's open the door to your career at Teaching Strategies! Some additional benefits & perks while working with Teaching Strategies:
Teaching Strategies offers our employees a robust suite of benefits and other perks which include:
Teaching Strategies, LLC is committed to creating a diverse workplace and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer of Minorities, all Genders, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
- Company-sponsored events
- Professional development and growth opportunities
- Tuition assistance
- Competitive compensation package
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage for spouses, domestic partners, and children
- Pre-tax medical and dependent care flexible spending accounts (FSA)
- Health savings accounts with employer contributions
- 401(k) plan with employer match
- Company-sponsored life, short and long term disability insurance
- Voluntary life and critical illness insurance
- Paid parental leave programs
- Flexible paid time off (which includes Winter Break)