At Edward Jones, we help clients achieve their serious, long-term financial goals by understanding their needs and implementing tailored solutions. To ensure a personal client experience, we have located our 14,000+ branch offices where our more than 7 million clients live and work.
A typical branch office has one financial advisor who meets with clients face-to-face and one branch office administrator who enhances the team's ability to build deep relationships with clients. Headquarters associates in St. Louis and Tempe provide support and expertise to help U.S. and Canada branch teams deliver an ideal client experience. Edward Jones currently has more branch offices than any other financial services firm, and we continue to grow to meet the needs of long-term individual investors.
Edward Jones is seeking an experienced and talented individual to drive and implement remote access and virtual desktop improvements at the firm. In this role, the ideal candidate will advise supporting resources and vendors to ensure that the virtual desktop and remote access infrastructure is properly installed, configured, secured, and maintained. This includes automating, developing, supporting, and optimizing key technology critical to the success of VDI/Remote Access, particularly server compute infrastructure, workstation operating systems, critical business applications, and the overall ownership of the end user experience when using VDI as the desktop or application delivery mechanism. Come join a team that is driving one of the fastest growing technologies at the firm.
- Provide technical leadership in the planning and execution of the remote access and virtual desktop infrastructure
- Work in partnership with cross-functional teams and vendors to design, install and configure solutions for business and enterprise infrastructure needs
- Proven background in successfully leading & implementing large enterprise efforts
- Ability to trace web traffic, design connectivity and code/rewrite traffic when necessary
- Maintain highly available systems and infrastructure, quickly triage any user impacting event
- Responsible for supporting Edward Jones mobile device management, remote access and virtual desktop infrastructure
- Provide technical mentorship to peers and junior associates
- Support the user community through direct communication and high touch interactions
Experience with the following vendors and technologies is preferred:
- 8 or more years experience in supporting remote access and virtual desktop products in an enterprise environment
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Management Information Systems preferred or equivalent experience
- Develop, test, and deploy software packages in a Windows server environment
- Detailed understanding of agile project management methodologies, system development lifecycle, infrastructure best practices, risk management concepts and capacity planning
- Communicate effectively in verbal and written form with non-IS end users, application developers, and IS leadership
- Strong willingness to learn and apply new and emerging technologies
- Microsoft Azure
- F5 APM
- Windows Virtual Desktop
- FORTUNE 2020 Edward Jones was named No. 7 on the 2020 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list.
- From FORTUNE ©2020 FORTUNE Media IP Limited. All rights reserved. Used under license. FORTUNE and FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For are registered trademarks of Fortune Media IP Limited and are used under license. FORTUNE and Fortune Media IP Limited are not affiliated with, and do not endorse products or services of, Edward Jones Investments.
- Edward Jones Ranked No. 6 of the 100 best workplaces for millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE Magazine.
- 2020 Corporate Equality Index Edward Jones joins the ranks of 680 major U.S businesses that received top marks in the HRC Foundations 18th Annual Scorecard on LBGTQ Workplace Equality
- Edward Jones named a top company for training, ranking No. 25 on Training magazine's 2020 Training Top 125 list the highest ranking among the financial-services industry!
- Financial services firm Edward Jones has been named one of the 2019 Best Workplaces for Parents by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE magazine. The firm ranked No. 5 on the list of 50 companies, up two spots from last year.
- The Best Workplaces for Parents list is one of a series of rankings by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE based on employee feedback from Great Place to Work-Certified organizations. Edward Jones ranked No. 7 on the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work for in 2019 list, the firms 20th appearance on the list. The firm also was ranked the No. 1 Best Workplace in Financial Services & Insurance and the No. 6 Best Workplace for Millennials by Great Place to Work and FORTUNE.
Edward Jones does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, religion, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, pregnancy, veteran status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
At Edward Jones, we value and respect our associates and their contributions, and we recognize individual efforts through a rewards program that promotes a long-term career, financial security and well-being. Visit our career site to learn more about our total compensation approach, which in addition to base salary, typically includes benefits, bonuses and profit sharing. The salary range for this role is based on national data and actual pay is based on skills, experience, education, and other relevant factors for a potential new associate:
Salary: $89642 - $152634