We are the biggest NERDS, we are SUPER FUN, and it’s no joke. Collaborating every day, we focus on numbers-based thinking that we know will deliver real, tangible, data-driven insights (none of the fluff, jargon, and guesswork you might see elsewhere) and we have a FUN time doing it all together.
We solve the digital world by turning to the numbers (real, hard evidence you can’t deny). And our clients turn to us, the Online Marketing Gurus (the nerds who know their stuff and get it done).
- Work collaboratively with designers and stakeholders to translate design mockups and wireframes into high-quality code
- Develop and maintain custom WordPress themes and plugins using PHP and MySQL
- Optimize website performance and speed by implementing best practices and techniques, including the appropriate markup for SEO best practice.
- Ensure cross-browser compatibility and accessibility by testing and debugging code
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting assistance to clients and team members
- Stay up-to-date with the latest front-end technologies, tools, and trends, and share knowledge with the team
- Continuously improve the development process and workflow by introducing new tools and methodologies
- AFR Best Places to Work finalist!
- Our #1 belief and goal is that if employees are happy and over the moon - the culture is amazing and together we can achieve incredible results!
- Massive focus on hiring good human beings - we believe the rest can be learned and developed through our training initiatives
- Huge focus on employee development, engagement & growth opportunities
- Hybrid-working - enjoy the great office vibe and the benefit of working from home
- Largest independent agency in Australia - tripled revenue year in last 3 years
- We are in significant growth mode, looking for our future leaders as we scale globally- currently 140+ employees in Sydney and Melbourne, 40 in the Philippines, as well as USA expansion ongoing. This was 30 employees 3 years ago!
- R&D investment, forefront of digital marketing, innovation
- Our values are- We ‘Share evidence, not opinion’, ‘Find solutions, not problems’, ‘Make customers love you’, ‘Own it and get it done’
- We live Diversity, Equity & Inclusion as our people including our Leadership Team are of many cultural backgrounds and represent a positive gender mix. In fact we have people from all walks of life and diverse backgrounds including LGBTQ, disability and socio-economic backgrounds.
- OMG is an equal opportunity employer, so by working for us, you’ll be part of an organization that supports diversity and inclusion.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in frontend web development
- Excellent knowledge of PHP, and MySQL
- Extensive experience developing custom wordpress themes from scratch
- Strong understanding of responsive design principles and techniques
- Solid understanding of cross-browser compatibility, accessibility, and SEO
- Ability to write clean, efficient, and maintainable code
- Experience with version control systems such as Git and SVN
- Willing to work in AEST work hours
- While this is a remote/ WFH role, candidate must be located in South Africa
- This is a 3-month project-term only