Microsoft Solution Architect Active Directory - REMOTE
3075 Highland Pkwy
Downers Grove, IL 60515
Allenton, WI 53002
Hours Per Week:
Schedule Details/Additional Information:
M-F, 8-5 Central
Serves as a partner to Health Information Technology (HIT) leadership and various business units in the integration of new systems and enhancement of existing systems and/or processes. The focus will be on our enterprise Active Directory migration project. Identifies and delivers strategic and/or key operational initiatives, including identification and achievement of measurable outcomes while ensuring compliance to information systems standards. Acts as an expert within assigned areas and applies functional and business expertise. Increases the operational depth of teams in the department through knowledge transfer, mentoring and coaching.Major Responsibilities:
- Architects the design of all Microsoft platforms including Active Directory and Microsoft Azure.
- Works with HIT leadership and business units to develop and understand the business case and business requirements to solve for technology related business problems.
- Establishes secure authentication processes to the directories using direct connections, ADFS, cloud ADFS, or SSO technology. Follows strict top security guidelines and processes to ensure deep directory protection, top level/tier systems protection, connecting systems security, and applications. Recommends improvements to current technical architecture.
- Provides guidance as the technical escalation resource with vendors and staff.
- Assists in business relationship management, business strategy and planning, portfolio/demand management as needed.
- Maintains productive relationships with peers and management in HIT and the business function. Articulates business value and strategy and coordinates with all areas of the HIT department to ensure technology is fully leveraged to achieve operational excellence. Researches how other organizations in the market to achieve or exceed industry best practices in key performance metrics.
- Evaluates capital and operating expenditure for designed technical solutions.
- Leads the coordinating and monitoring of project activities and provides technical direction to project team to assure effective project completion in compliance with design and quality standards.
- Analyzes initiatives, in the project portfolio, and identifies specific, measurable outcomes expected for each initiative. Implements processes and tools to measure benefits associated with individual projects.
- Mentors and coaches HIT team in workflow and functionality around new systems and enhancement of existing systems and/or processes.
- Participates in the technical skill development of analysts as assigned, provides input to staff performance reviews and personal development objectives.
- Creates easy to use business process mappings of complex systems and workflows to show complete interdependencies between entities.
- Supports project management efforts to manage/mitigate risk, create communication plans, propose implementation strategies and manage work plans and scope.
- Bachelor's Degree (or equivalent knowledge) in Information Technology.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Typically requires 7 years of experience in progressively responsible information systems experience with technical or project management exposure focusing on Microsoft Platforms, Network Communications, and Directory Systems.
- Must have expertise in Active Directory migration experience with very large organization.
- Expert knowledge in the design of all Microsoft platforms including Active Directory and Microsoft Azure.
- Proven strong security principles, high integrity, and focus on confidentiality.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; ability to work across the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the technical direction and goals and their potential implications in terms of systems required to support them.
- Attention to detail in developing the associated functional requirements, risk assessments, cost estimates and plans and tracking the delivery of approved projects.
- Ability to write effective presentations and documentation in order to transfer knowledge to the project team in a timely manner.
- Strong ability to exercise judgment and creativity in analyzing/solving unusual complex/ambiguous problems.
- Knowledgeable leader; recognized expert in the integration within functional and business areas.
- Ability to approach problems from a "big picture" perspective, with analysis of long-term ramifications of decisions.
- Ability to recommend best practices and execute objectives.
- Demonstrates the ability to work with a minimal amount of supervision with proficiency in the ability to instruct, guide, assign, advise and mentor team members.
- Ability to influence and direct work teams. Strong mentoring and knowledge transfer capabilities.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks, set appropriate priorities and accomplish assignments in a timely manner.